HybridZ

Saw a very clean LS1 installed at MSA show

Hey guys,

Was at the MSA Show today in Orange, CA and saw a very clean LS1 installed in a 280Z. Maybe I am blind, but that was the only LS1 I saw. I looked around and saw numerous 350 swaps and many more 280ZX drivetrain swaps then I expected. Did anyone happen to see any more LS1 powered early Z's at the show today? I just dropped by and didn't take any pics. Sorry, I know , I should've taken some. Anybody else see these and take any pics?

Thanks,

Mark

I can't believe the turnout this year (Even with the rain)...and i met sooo many Hybridz owners and Z-car enthusiasts I was exhausted by the end of the day. What a weekend...I learned so much! I was amazed that I got second place this year never knew I even had a shot at it.

Thanks for all that nice comments this year

The pictures on my site are more than a year old...going to try to spend some time creating my new web page. I’ll post some MSA 2004 Pictures shortly

VinhZXT - Document swap would of took me another 2 months to do. I posted about a year ago and said i was going to sit down and write what I did but I don’t do allot of sitting especially when i am thinking about doing the LSD Swap. I'll try harder....

Zmanaustin - Last year there was two LS-1 Z-cars Mine and MAS28O's. I never did get to see his he took off before i saw his car. But i think that’s the one your referring to. He has done allot to that car since then. My was panted in 2003 but I cleaned it up for 2004 and will do some more mods for 2005...keep everyone in suspense...lol

I was hopeing he would of shown up this year i wanted to see his motor mounts....i really like how he did that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot one thing....I just wanted to mention i did have help with this car. My father was an active worker on this project and i learned alot from him during this whole swap he got me out of binds that was hard to get out of. If you were at MSA last year and had the pleasure to meet my father he was a good man. He did pass-away this year in January and I my wife and many others missed him at the show. (Bill Griffin)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1 month later...

Briguy280Z,

How about posting the other dimensions from your crossmember.jpeg.

It looks real clean and doable. Any flex from the 1/8" steel plate?

I'm still at the "looking at it" stage.

Thanks,

ecp48

Ed Palmer

Athens, Ga