HybridZ

A way to stop repeat questions?

Guest quatra

Guest quatra

not sure if this has been suggested but, what if a thread was created that was sticky only.... Taking the most common questions compiling them into one section. i am sure the moderators can come up with quit a few topics of interest. this would stop a large percentage of repeat ?'s...i hope. Ie a few basic guides and a sort of FAQ section. I am sure with the knowledge base of the members of this site that it could be accopmlished with not a lot of effort on one persons part.

It's a fine idea but with humans, the hardest thing to get them to do is take the longer road. Both stickies and the search function are more work that just turning on the PC and posting a question. It may prevent SOME of the repeat questions but not all.

The reason HybridZ is so nice is that most, if not all, the members don't mind taking the longer road! That's what we are all about. Otherwise we would just be talking about going to BUY a fast car instead of BUILDING one. Also huge thanks to the moderators!

Guest tony78_280z

See I disagree.. I think it takes longer to post then WAIT for a response than it is to just search and find the info now. I love the idea for each forum section to have it's own FAQ stickies. (I think I suggested it once before.) But only Moderators should be able to move valuable information into this sticky or you'd get people making replies onto those valuabe FAQ with dumb opinions, "What I did was" or someone going off on another tangent within the sticky.