HybridZ

R200 VLSD Halfshafts

kurtwwalters

I just got this on Ebay:

"viscous R200 LSD out of a 88 nissan 300zx SS turbo (anniversery model). It has 3.70 gear ratio."

Is this diff good up to 450hp? My understanding from searching is that this will bolt right up to my 72 240. I plan on getting the billet aluminum moustache bar from ArizonaZcar. Does anybody know where I can get the halfshafts for this diff? thanx in advance...

... and the disadvantages of this would be...? Too late anyway, I have purchased it for $200. This will be a street car, not a quarter miler. I plan on an getting a 400hp or so LS1. Need halfshafts, though. Any idea where I could find them? thanx in advance...

This contraversy has been dicussed in many threads but yet havent found any evidence that a cluch type is any better or worse than the Vicous. Most threads lean toward the viscous cuz the cluch seems to ware out? Depends on how hard the car has been driven with the CLSD. Doesnt matter much with the VLSD

I think the one you have will work fine as long as you get the 4 bolt CV half shafts it will bolt in much easyer than the q45 or 300zxtt.

88 All White SS used a 3.7 Viscous Coupling LSD

This info is just what i have read on the forum if i am wrong i am sure someone will let me know.

I would use it

Some 240SX's with R200s had the VLSD. I believe the 240SX halfshafts are longer, maybe you could get a machinist to shorten the axle and respline. Other than that you're looking for another 88 SS. Then you have to get adapters to attach to the wheel end. I'm betting Ross could tell you if his adapters work. http://www.modern-motorsports.com

I think the one you have will work fine as long as you get the 4 bolt CV half shafts it will bolt in much easyer than the q45 or 300zxtt.

The normal turbo shafts won't work because the VLSD has a different spline count on the diff side.