HybridZ

Wastegate spring selection....which would you choose?

dat240zg

Alright...I'm needing a little input from the wastegate gurus here. I'm in the process of purchasing a TiAL 38MM wastegate and need to select my spring (.4 .5 .6 .7 .8 .9 AND 1 BAR ).

I know that everyone has their opinions, so I'm hoping that some of you will share yours with me.

My current setup is L28T, stock electronics, TB upgrade, IC, T3/T04E, 450cc injectors, ProfecB II, etc.

Any thoughts?

Bryan

Dat240zg

Go with the stiffest one you can safetly if you plan to run higher boost with 100+ octane. If you run a 8 psi spring, and turn it up with a boost controller it will have a difficult time holding steady boost at higher rpms if you run over 18 psi. I tried it. I ended up running a 1.2 bar spring as I will never run less than 20 psi.

Since you are still on the stock electronics, I would probably go w/ a 12-13 psi spring, so maybe a .8 or .9 bar. I imagine you will be running a boost controller of some sort for higher boost levels.