HybridZ

radiator options...

i need to upgrade my radiator to a more sufficiant one. the 280z one currently in my turbo set up isn't cutting it. is there one i can get from summitracing (aluminum) that will be a easy bolt on, on my 240ZT and out perform the zx ones too. also, what size options do i have...... i,m running a 16" electric fan too.

No easy bolt ons, but any of the Griffin 24x19's will fit, you build mounts. The single 1" tube is the cheapest, but at minimum I woul go the double 1" tube which they say is good to 400 hp at $189. The double 1.25" tube is good to 600hp at $259.

Guest 305240

If the old one isn't cutting it, that means it's got a problem. My 85 started to overheat. I did the usual, waterpump, thermostat, flushed the cooling system, all to no avail. I finially took the rad down to my local rad shop. He flow tested it and said it was flowing fine. I talked him into taking a tank off and checking it again. They all were flowing even. I asked him to run a rod thru one. Boy, the crud and junk that come out of it was shocking. I ordered a new Modine with a lifeting warrentee for 145 bux. I had it in 3 hours. Overheating problem solved. Even flow tests can be decieving. I'm willing to bet a stock new one would take care of your problem. But, those aluminum ones do look sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

If you do decide to go AL... Ron Davis all the way.

I found my invoice the other day finally.

Item on the invoice is 1c-cu2616 description "26163 Custom 1.375" outlets" total price 254.00 with 17 bucks for freight.

the 26163 I believe is the item code on the website.

-Ed

JTR offers a aluminum radiator for the z and the zx and sells the brackets, hoses, adaptors, etc... can't get a more straight forward bolt on kit than this imo.

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_DATZ_Radiator_Kit.html

I am currently running a zx aluminum radiator with brackets supplied by jtr on my 83 LT1 and I am very pleased.