HybridZ

John Coffey & Ross Corrigan Thank you!

To answer some questions about the "in car" noise from the camber plates... This car is slowly becoming my "fun track day" car... The exhaust is so loud that it muffles any suspension noise anyway (grin)...

I already have the same camber plates in the front that I'll be adding to the rear' date=' and it's really not too bad as far as noise.[/quote']

If the car is going to be used primarily on the track, then it might not be such an issue - I guess I thought I remembered seeing a full interior, etc., which made me think "street car".

I still have my camber plates in the front, and I cannot hear them at all - don't use that as measure of what they will be like inside the car.

If the car is going to be used primarily on the track' date=' then it might not be such an issue - I guess I thought I remembered seeing a full interior, etc., which made me think "street car".

I still have my camber plates in the front, and I cannot hear them at all - don't use that as measure of what they will be like inside the car.[/quote']

Tim,

Hey! BTW the Tec 2 tune on my car at the track was done with your software... It was dialed in GREAT! Thank you! And thanks to Rick Bowers too!

My impression of the type of camber plates (available through John) that I have in the front IS that they are no noisier than stock...(my car is by nature noisy so I might not be the right person to ask). Maybe if I add them to the rear they might add a new variable (rear diff noise etc) that may transfer into the passenger compartment, but for now they are certainly not too bad only having them in the front.

Yes, my car has a stock interior (except for the driver seat), and the stock belts were awful at dealing with a track event... Ugraded harnesses are in order.

My car is "evolving" so I'd like it to be a competent track car but still be somewhat streetable...

The lightweight flywheel makes it more of a handful on the street than anything else right now... I think it's gonna be replaced when I upgrade my tranny.

Hey Jeff, I remember your car... I think you were talking to my Dad in the pits while I was in the classroom session... Were you the guy who approached my Dad about me passing ya at 120 on the back stretch? :) Anyway, I'll be back out to Sebring with Chin Motorsports on 7/30 if I can free up the time with work.

I'm not sure if I spoke with your Dad or not but I wasn't the one who approached him about passing down the back stretch. I was classed as a novice too since I had never been to Sebring before so we were in the morning classroom session together. I was sitting up front and was the only guy who answered yes when Dr. Chin asked if anyone was running on race rubber.

I was thinking about running on 7/30 with them again but I need to get some brake ducts on the car before I go back. They never faded but I melted 3 out of 4 of the front caliper dust boots and wasted a set of Hawk HP+ pads. I've run six time before at Roebling Road and never had any issues but Sebring was over the top on brakes. Lots of fun though. :D

Tim' date='

Hey! BTW the Tec 2 tune on my car at the track was done with your software... It was dialed in GREAT! Thank you! And thanks to Rick Bowers too!

[/quote']You're welcome :D

My impression of the type of camber plates (available through John) that I have in the front IS that they are no noisier than stock...(my car is by nature noisy so I might not be the right person to ask). Maybe if I add them to the rear they might add a new variable (rear diff noise etc) that may transfer into the passenger compartment, but for now they are certainly not too bad only having them in the front.

That was my point - I can't tell the difference from stock with them in the front either. Having them inside the cabin is a whole different animal. It doesn't make 'happy' noises like a loud exhaust, supercharger whine, etc. It makes "WTF is that?" kind of noises. Constantly. I just got tired of wondering whether something was broken, and of having to tell passengers that "it just does that" to explain the hooptie noises. These things weren't cheap - I didn't take sh1tcanning them lightly.

Yes, my car has a stock interior (except for the driver seat), and the stock belts were awful at dealing with a track event... Ugraded harnesses are in order.

My car is "evolving" so I'd like it to be a competent track car but still be somewhat streetable...

I guess this is my day to preach about racing stuff in street vehicles ;)

If you need an upgraded harness for the track that's fine, but don't get rid of the stock belts. Racing harnesses are all but useless on the street. I'm guessing that the problem was more about sliding around in the stock seat. You might consider getting a more suitable seat...

The lightweight flywheel makes it more of a handful on the street than anything else right now... I think it's gonna be replaced when I upgrade my tranny.
Where did you set your idle speed? Try setting it a bit higher - that will help recover some of that lost inertia for rolling off from the lights.

Always something of interest around here :)

On the front camber issue, it seems almost universal in Oz to relocate the lower control arm inner pickup point and instal an eccentric plate type adjuster at the same time. There are some issues potentially involved with doing that but in practice it does not seem to result in any significant problems, unless more track is a problem.

Most therefore do not use camber plates, on mine the three holes in the tower were relocated a bit to give a bit more castor and camber but that was it. If I was doing a ground up rebuild again the tower tops would be modified with more caster and camber adjustment in mind though.

Here is a pic of my front track enhanced car courtesy LCA gained -3.5 degrees camber and 10mm wider hubs, wheels are 8".

mypic50.JPG