HybridZ

Coil over question

Hi Guys

I'am talking with Juan (JSK) about purchasing his coilovers with shocks. My question is what can I do to make them fit on my early 260z? His car is a 280z and his strut tubes are slightly larger than mine? Any ideas?

Thanks, Ari

The strut cartridges are longer and the only way they will fit if you go to a complete 280 strut assembly....The coilovers may work.... if at 10 -12 inche free length... and you will have to weld on a spring perch on to the strut tube for the coilovers to set on. Are the coilovers the right "weight" that you want ? Edit.... I see Mr. Mortenson is unravelling the problem.... If the strut cartridges are for a 280 Z..... then they will not work... or are the strut cartridges for a sectioned 280 strut assembly? ...... which you could measure the strut tubes for fit or not

Hey guys

Thanks for the info. So basically the problem would be the shocks not the coilovers. Jmortensen, those are it I beleive and I do not know what problem your reffering too. Maybe I should ask him.

Cheers, Ari

His post was that he put 280 struts on his 240 and it jacked the back end up. This is because the 280 strut tube is longer than the 240 tube. So basically to get the ride height he wanted he needed to section the struts, as here comes trouble and jamie said. If you want to put this on a 240, it's going to be riding on the bumpstops unless YOU section the struts. So if you don't want to do that work yourself (requires a welder and a saw to cut the strut tubes), and Juan hasn't already done it, then don't buy them.

i have a 71 240z and i thought of the previous owner as a moron when i found he put 280z struts, but i found it doesn't really matter if you're like me and many others; sectioning it. i was gonna section either type anyway. so yes i agree they work.