HybridZ

Roebling Road

mark

Would LOVE to be there, but the Vette is being put back together today... I'm actually missing today's event I paid for at Summit because of my rear differential going south in the Vette... Oh well, about 80% back together!

Mike

I'll be the only 240 Z there I'll bet.

And probably one of the select few in the 160+ mph class!!!!!!

Have a great weekend, Buddy, enjoy yourself and be safe. I will raise a cold one in your honor as I am cutting grass and wishing my junk would get back from the machine shop.

John

I ran with the Chin group a couple of weeks ago at Sebring and had a blast. Great group and you'll get lots of track time. Roebling is a fun track just keep it under control in Turn 9 but you probably already know that.

Well at least Saturday was fun. Lost the engine Sunday morning. Turn 3 is a long left hand sweeper. Lost oil pressure and came home with a NICE rod knock. Car is covered and I'll not touch it for a long time. On to the next project. LS-1 Z with WIDE flairs and a G nose. It will be a track car with a rattle can paint job and an accusump. Expensive lession learned. The hotel was increadable and the wives had a great time. (I just have one wife, went with another couple) There was one other Z there, an ITS 240. Nice guy, but aren't all guys that wrench on Z's?

John, good luck getting the monster back together.

Mike, fix it before it breaks, cheaper that way.

Jeff, Chin group was great. Turn 9 does have a nice pucker factor

Mark No running Z's and several piles of parts.

Ouch, that sucks Mark! :banghead: I can see where turn three could very easily uncover an oiling problem. Sorry to hear about your troubles but it sounds like you have a new plan and keep us informed when the new project starts to become a reality.

Motor and radiator are in, tranny is mounted. Suspension and brakes are done, rear flairs are bonded on the car, fuel cell is done. Motor runs, I used ls-1 edit. This weekend just motovated me to get back on it. Acusump will be ordered tommorow.

MArk

Just spent four days buttoning mine back up and I may actually get to drive it this evening... I'd test it out this morning, but I've got way to many tow bills as of late! :shock:

Mark, Sorry to hear about the motor, but you knew it was coming, right?

Accusump! Don't leave home without it!

Mike :cool:

Man. What a heartbreaker. That makes me sick on my stomach to read that after your recent thrash to get it freshened up.

No accusump here either; and two pretty knowledgable guys opined that my bearing troubles might not be entirely related to debris from the rocker tip failure.

At least the resort was positive, and you didn't bring it back with a rod hanging out the side of the block.

I'm in a bit of a lull myself. Parts scattered everywhere and it's getting warm enough the jetski is starting to call my name!

John

I spent several hours looking at dry sump systems for the ls-1. Looks doable, soem nice parts out there but it would mean reworking the passengers side mount on the John's car set up I have. Oh well I had to redo the drivers side for the WRX rack that is in the car. Might as well do the other side also.

John, thanks for the sympathy, you go fast you pay.

Mike, I had just put it back together after rings and bearings. Had several hundred road miles on it and a couple of track events, it was running so good. It will be a parts car for a while now.

Mark, I got an adapter block from LGM for the LS1 that allows you to plumb oil coolers into...It still retains the sender port of the factory piece too... $99! You might be able to use that to plumb the accusump... I just did get the lines run on the vette with the cooler and that adapter this past weekend... On Corvetteforum there are some detailed pics and threads on doing an accusump on that motor...

Mike

after hours on the net, I think I'm sold on the dry sump system. 3 gallons of oil sounds like it might be enough to suite my needs. I'm just worried that with 45 minutes plus of hard track use an accusump might not be enough. A couple of the sessions at Roebling were 90 minutes. I would only run 30 minutes at a time because of fuel but I was also concerned about sloshing oil away from the pickup. Looks like my concerns were valid. This will not happen again. Mark

For the unenlightened (me) could you expand on that some more?

John

John, I'm probably the unenlightened one but I share what I have learned. Accusump holds from 1 to 3 quarts depending on the model you choose. They can be set up so when the ignition swich turns on the system is pressureised (sp?) When the engine is started the accusump is refilled. If pressure drops below a set level the electric valve will open and add oil pressure. Once the engine regains oil to pump and pressure retuns to normal, the accusump is filled again. My concern is I don't want to bet an ls1 rebuild that 3 quarts will always be enough oil to satisfy pressure requirements of the engine running the way we drive at the track. More than likely It would be adaquate however, while I'm at it and since this is a track only car, why not be sure.

Was that what you were talking about or was it the 90 minute track sessions?