HybridZ

LS1 Longtube Header

Ok I Spent 3 days using the search function and trying to find as much info as possible on Long Tube Headers For the LS1 and wasn't able to find anything.

I'm having a LS1 w/ t-56 swaped into my Z and have not found anything regarding longtubes for it. I' know how important headers are to the LS1 my C5 gained 20rwhp and 25lb/ft tq when i installed my Kooks Headers.

Does Anybody know of anyone who makes longtubes headers for the LS1 in the Z.

Or does anybody know of any F-body headers that might fit?

I did a lot of the same research. YOu will have to have one-off custom headers made. The big negative to long-tube headers is road clearance. The way the LS-1 fits into the Z the collector ends up being under the car and reduces road clearance significantly.

I have tried Mac's, Pacesetters, LS6's, and the custom 1 3/4" block huggers. The only fit is the block huggers. I believe that long tube or mid length headers could be made, but nothing that is out there now will fit, except the customs. I bought 10' of the flexible 1 3/4" exhaust pipe to see if I could sort out a design. Maybe when the car runs I'll get the urge.

Edit:

Here's a link from when I was trying to fit the Mac's.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=97147

Yes that is the Datsun sending unit. I mounted it up top where the stock LS1 unit is with an adaptor. I had to space the sender with a nylon spacer to get it tight without interference on the LS6 intake. The LS1 intake fit with no problems, but the LS6 was a little tighter.

ZFIRE-15-20K thats way to high i've done the numbers with 20% contingancy for this build including suspension and body work and i'm at about 12k

Dale- the LS6 intake isn't any larger than the ls1 intake, atleast not that i've seen. the FAST manifold is about .5" taller than the ls6 but thats about it.

I'm going to look into that......

I didn't think it was either, but the back by the oil pressure sender is a little higher than the LS1. I have both. I did the original sender install with the LS1 in place then put the LS6 on and realized it was a tad higher by the sender and had to shim it to make it seal up. I thought the only difference was that the floor of the plentum was dropped but the back is slightly different too. If my memory serves me correct it worked out to about .1 higher.

• 5 years later...