HybridZ

DAD seat owners, install advice......

Ok, I have a set of the DAD seats, I know they will fit in an s30 because I know several guys on this board use them. I sent Forrest a PM about how he installed his but after looking at the seats and at the car me and 240hoke still could not figure anythign out. I am 5'9" or 5'10" so i need these to slide back and forth so i can reach the pedals. If any DAD seat owners have some install pics or pics of the seats in their car, or any advice at all on how to install these it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

If I remember right, of the four threaded studs on the seat rails that came on the seats, only one will line up with the oem holes in the floorboard.

I think what I did was (on driver seat) use the foward right side threaded stud, toward the consol, and let that one fall in the oem hole in the floor raised rail, then I pushed downward HARD as I kinda used the other three threaded studs to scratch the paint off where they needed the new three holes drilled....

Once I removed the seat back out of the car, I drill three new holes, then put her back in the new holes, plus the one already drilled from the factory seats, and moved on to the other seat....

It was really too easy for me....

If you use the left foward oem hole (on driver seat) in the begining, it may put them to close to the door jam to shut. Thats how it looked to me, but I didn't try them that way... who knows, they may fit that way also.

As far as adjustabilty, mine go all the way back, and close enough to the front where I think you will be ok with my way I chose to install them.

good luck to ya...

joel

3101Im000914a.jpg

OK, i tried Joels method, but instead of using the top right OEM hole, i used the top left, and it pushed the seats farther in and I got excellent clearence, didnt even touch the door, I took the car around the block for a spin to see how the seats felt and they feel great, Joel was it hard for you to get your hand under the OEM raised frame seat thing to thread the bolts on the DAD brackets? Im pretty sure I used some choice words.....

Good deal Sparks... to tell the truth, its been a while since I did them, and I may have chose a different hole to start also. I was looking at my seats last night from the open deck lid (to try and get a pic for Matt) and noticed that my seats do infact hug the door side more than the consol side, so I musta went with the way you installed them, for them to end up the way they did.

Matt, I think you will need to do them like I first suggested, to hug the consol, or the seats will be tight up against the doors a tad.....

(I'm still working on a pic for you)

As far as fastners, yea, its tough getting to them, and tightening them down...:banghead:

Ok, I have a set of the DAD seats, I know they will fit in an s30 because I know several guys on this board use them. I sent Forrest a PM about how he installed his but after looking at the seats and at the car me and 240hoke still could not figure anythign out. I am 5'9" or 5'10" so i need these to slide back and forth so i can reach the pedals. If any DAD seat owners have some install pics or pics of the seats in their car, or any advice at all on how to install these it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I had the same head room issue when I installed my Sparco seats. To get the required head room I needed (I'm 5' 10" and long in the torso), I had to install the seats without any slide adjusters and mount the seats directly to the existing factory seat floor rails. Of course you have to determine the correct reach to the pedals before drilling any holes. It's nice to have adjustable seats, but not so nice when your head is an inch away from the head liner....and if you intend to compete and have to wear a helmet, you will certainly need all the head room you can get. Sorry I can't provide any pics!

Matt' date=' I think you will need to do them like I first suggested, to hug the consol, or the seats will be tight up against the doors a tad.....

(I'm still working on a pic for you)[/quote']

Hey, that's cool, whenever you get a chance to take a picture. No rush! :-D Thanks.

!M!