HybridZ

Fastest Man

johnc

720mph, or about that. Discovery Channel, speed without limits just had an acticle about it. It happened when they were testing for going into outer space. A guy went up in a balloon and at some point just before outer space he jumped out a did a free fall for about 4 minutes until he opend his parachute.

Or was it the guys doing 150 down the slopes?

I love that channel.

PS, did I win something if I got it right?

Guest Anonymous

One morning on a milk delivery route , I once saw an incredibly fast fellow go out a back door carrying his clothes in his hand and scale a small hill in his bare feet. Fastest man I ever saw.

Guest greimann

If you count that we, as men, standing on this earth, rotating about it's axis, orbiting the sun and spinning around the milkyway galaxy, which is hurtling through interstellar space, we are going about 373 miles per second, or 1,342,800 mph. I'd say that is hauling butt! burnout.gif

If you count that we, as men, standing on this earth, rotating about it's axis, orbiting the sun and spinning around the milkyway galaxy, which is hurtling through interstellar space, we are going about 373 miles per second, or 1,342,800 mph. I'd say that is hauling butt! [burnout]
Trust Dave to get esoteric and stellar on us!!! :Dugg.gif lol

Tim

BTW, Dave

That grease is very nice. Thanks again. 2thumbs.gifhail.gif

Guest Anonymous

A couple of you fellows may have been watching a television program for "fastest man" information but I was watching live action of a full moon go over the hill on bare feet of the fastest man alive.

You might find this kinda far-fetched, but for the last four years I've started my my U.S. history classes(high school teacher) with that very same story. The jump was part of an important test of a new, 3-stage parachute that would enable U2 pilots to ditch at high altitude, as conventional parachutes would shred and/or break necks at such a speedy decent. Somebody's got to test the chute and the best conveyance was a helium balloon. So, heading up in an enclosed basket on one hell of an elevator ride - 114,000 feet out into what looked like outer space - and there he is, out on the rail, letting go, floating down, which turns into a fall...

The only human to break the sound barrier with their body, and probably one of the very few to pass out in a freefall, wake up, and still be falling.

I use the story because I picked up a pair of gloves in a surplus store back in my 'in need of cheap snowboard gear' college-days. I learned years later that they are identical to the ones used in the test, and thus makes a nice point to the class about how learning history can make you appreciate lots of things, even a mangy pair of gloves. 2thumbs.gif

Heavy Z