HybridZ

Very Nice ZX Turbo on eBay..but Seller Knows very little!

slownrusty

Came across this on eBay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4553358162&category=6187

b3_12_sb.JPG

5b_12_sb.JPG

89_12_sb.JPG

ca_12_sb.JPG

Very neat car...but seller does not seem to give much detail or seem to know much about that car. Sellers says:

1) Block was bored 40mm????

2) Why a CF II clutch?

3) '83 LSD????

Sketchy description but the car does looks good, esp detailed engine bay.

Yasin

Sexiest ZX Ive seen in ages. I would like to know how he did the flares, still looks stock but much more aggressive. Id like to do that to mine!

The hood is also tastefully done as well, not gawdy or overly done, seems effective and efficient

My guess is he meant the block was overbored .040" making it 0.5L larger. The CF II Is a halfway decent clutch. I had it in my sentra for about 1 yr of constant drag racing and car was putting out 250hp. About the lsd I have no earthy idea. Maybe just maybe he put a 3.545 rearend together with a 3.7 lsd, but more than likely it is just he 3.545. My 3.545 in my 280zx did like to spin both tires exiting out of a corner so maybe that is why he thinks it is a lsd. Good luck bidding nice looking car.

Is the seller an owner who put a lot of work and money into the car or a "speculator" who picked up for a song expecting to make a kill on eBay with the opening bid and reserve with all the right options.. The Borg Warner T5 was an option in the turbos and a 1983 LSD would be special ordered. A centerforce one would be comparable to stock clutch...Maybe so much power a Centerforce two was needed to prevent slippage.

-Love the hood, gotta start working on mine now... don't quite understand modding the radiator mounting so that you can stuff pusher fan(s) in front of it.

-Where is the battery? Is that a giant sub in the back hatch area? Just wondering where they relocated the battery to, maybe to the old spare compartment.