HybridZ

Dyno numbers

Guest zfan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scottie you mentioned the new Mickey T drag radials' date=' they are all the rage out here. Just how good are they? I think since I run 17x7 Konigs w/M.Modersport adapters on the street I will see about ordering a set of steel wheels 15x8 for racing only with no adapters.

Mike[/quote']

I have run the 3 major DRs out there, BFG, Nitto and MT.

Normal Street Driving - Do not recommend the BFGs, period. Very little difference between the Nitto and MT.

Wet Weather Driving - DO NOT DRIVE WITH BFGs IN THE RAIN!!! Drove the Nittos in the rain for most of the 1000-mile roundtrip ro Montgomery and at 60-70mph in monsoons to/from Reynolds. Was more concerned about the frigging wipers and HVAC than the tires. The little wet weather driving I have done with the MT puts in on par with the Nitto. HOWEVER, these tires all have shallower than normal tread depth and as the tire wears down it can get bad!

Tread Life - The BFGs will wear out in no time especially if you run them at the track with good burnouts. I ran seveal sets of Nittos on the Z and the best was about 8,000 miles!!! and I annihalated them in my burnouts. I expect the MT to be somewhere in between.

Racing Traction - The MTs hands-down, followed by the BFGs, then the Nittos. Best I ever did with 275/15 Nittos was 1.55 in the Z. Best to date with the 255/16 MTs is 1.51 but I have not really focused on improving that yet.

If this is your daily driver or you want max tread life, get the Nittos, no questions. If you can give up some tread life or do not drive on the street a lot, the MT is the way to go. When I wear this set out, I plan to go 15x8s with 275/50-15s. The extra tread width and taller sidewall should allow me to leave a little harder.

Thanks Scottie, unfortunatly I still have a new pair of 235/60-15 BFG's to wear out and then I will go MT's. I do not drive alot of miles and found the BFG's like you said wear REAL quick probably 1 to 2k with racing included.

Mike

I agree with Scottie, MTs for racing and Nittos for street. Need two sets of rims. Oh I managed to sneak in on my moms computer and checked the board! My computer is packed. Will touch base again in a few days...Have fun Mike!

Terry