HybridZ

Turbo piston questions

cbuczesk

Are the stock turbo pistons forged or cast?

I have very low compression (50-112psi) in cylinders 1, 5 and 6 and decided to do a rebuild. After removing the head I discovered that someone installed flat top pistons. I'm trying to decide if I should go with:

a) current flat top pistons and a thicker head gasket

B) +1mm turbo pistons

c) +1mm flat tops with the thicker gasket

d) something else

Engine specs: F54 block, P90A head, stock crank and rods, ported intake and exhaust, 60mm TB, T3/T4 turbo, intercooler, 370cc injectors, 300ZX ECU, MSD 6AL, etc.

Chuck

I doubt if I'll take it to 18psi. This project is about done. I have a bunch of other cars to restore and I'd like to have some fun with the Z over the summer. Actually, I thought it was done with this car till it started smoking heavily out the valve cover and crankcase breather. For a few days there were no bugs between Chambersburg and Beaver Springs Dragway! Oh, well. This was a rebuilt engine but I think the PO hammered on it before he sold it to me and then I accidently set the boost to 15+psi the night before the drags. That did it.

Does anyone have any links for custom pistons? Approx what do they cost?

Chuck