HybridZ

konig rewinds with toyota brakes

Guest iskone

Nope It's not me (my carbs cuaght on fire and got exspensive!). I did a bunch of research if you can search my posts for exact measurements.

Isk

• 1 month later...
unfortunately, those aren't the toyota brakes that I have, I have the S12W's. Think they will still work. Found out today that my snowflakes won't :( My 14" slot mags do with a 1/4" spacer, so I need to figure something out before I get it on the road again. I think the NASA deal Konigs are still a month or so out from delivery.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

with the clearence on the 11" rotors and calipers it looks like the 12" wilwood kit will clear the diameter and the spoke to caliper clearence

unfortunately, those aren't the toyota brakes that I have, I have the S12W's. Think they will still work. Found out today that my snowflakes won't :(

I've run S12W/300zx fronts on 2 different cars with snowflakes and there was clearance.... what gives with your setup?

I've run S12W/300zx fronts on 2 different cars with snowflakes and there was clearance.... what gives with your setup?
Don't know. Could it be that I'm using the hubs off a later 280 and only a 1/4" spacer to center the brake, putting the mounting point closer than with a bigger spacer and the thinner 240 hub?

Does the .25" spacer center the rotor in the caliper for you? I've made mine .500" in the past if memory serves me and it lines them up nicely.
yes it does, but not when I tried them with my 240 hubs. When I bought the car it came with a 280 suspension with tokico springs, illuminas and toyota front brakes. When I use the 280 hubs, they line up perfectly.

No big deal anyway, just will take a little longer. Changed my order with the NASA wheel deal to 17" Konigs for a Honda and getting wheel adapters and then ZG flares if they stick out too far. Always wanted the ZG flares anyway, so I will get the widest adapters I can find.

i have the 14 x 7 rewinds.

the toyota calipers work just fine ...

1984 toyota four runner calipers.

Except they didn't make a 4Runner in 84. ;) I assume you mean the non-vented toyota pickup calipers? The 4 runner calipers are used in conjunction with 300zx vented front rotors, and are a fair bit larger and make wheel clearance more of an issue.

last year i went to a truck wrecking yard ... where they pull the parts ...

told em what i was looking for

man at the counter asks for what year toyota ...

tell him 72 datsun 240z, he replies, very popular upgrade, used to have a 240z.

he calls the mechanic ... tells him to pull the calipers off the four runner, bring the pads, bolts everything ...

they bring em to the counter, writes a receipt for 84 toyota calipers. the hand written warranty said two four runner calipers, 90 days exchange.

i agree with you they are not the big calipers, i think they are off the truck. i asked about a part for my friend's chevy truck, for some reason they felt okay taking me into the yard, showed me around ... took me to a four runner and said he took the brakes off that one, did i want any other parts off it ...

you got me ... i have seen pix and these are the smaller toyota calipers, the ones from the toyota 4x4 truck.

after cutting the backing plate, they bolted right on, no spacers, no additional parts.

anyway, the smaller toyota calipers from 84 fit fine with the 14x7 rewinds .

sorry if i confused anyone