HybridZ

Think these body panels will look good together?

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Hey guys.

you think a Subtle Z front fenders, G-nose front end with some type of JDM air dam, and JCR cali rear flares will look good together?

im looking for a very vintage 70's 80's race car look, as the car will be just for racing.

also does anybody sell fiberglass doors? i need new doors and fenders so i figure why not go light and new.

thanks

Mike

rounded Rear fender flares like Dan Juday's with no vents...I have the JCR vented rear flares grafted on the Origin convertibler rear tub and closed off one small front and the large rear vent leaving the larger front vent...these vented flares really do not lend themselves to anything traditional race but Hollywood flambouyance... The rear JCR flares were well made ( hand laid cloth) but were a fit problem with little contact surface to graft with..... large rear flares should wrap around the rear door well lip for good grip and fit .a problem I plan to remedy by making this flange for the door well..................Gnose deserves a subtle spoiler .....my biased opinion .....See if John Washington is making the Gnose... A couple years back the Show Car G nose had mold warp problems but could be painfully remedied by someone quite familiar with fiberglass. .....and every G nose deserves headlight covers.

Guest ON3GO

well the subtle Z front fenders uses its own front air dam for it to work, so the g-nose would have to be modded and widened abit.

the JCR vented rear flares i like as i saw a few pics of late 70's Z cars that used something like it for real road racing... pictured in RacerX's pic's.

i need to do something very vintage and oldschool type racing with this Z.

also the g-nose headlight covers will be used but will be painted over, like the old race cars in the 70's.

mike

Guess since we're talking mix-n-match fiberglass body panels here I should pipe up.

I think I agree with Larry, if I read him right. The JCR rear fenders are quite angular and sharp edged as opposed to the more rounded form of the SubtleZ front fenders. Not that the two sets coundn't be massaged, ie; cut a nice vent in the SubtleZ front fenders, smooth out some of the edginess of the JCR rears.

I did similar things with the glass bulges on my Z.

I think the G-nose with the right blending and a deft touch would look great mated to the SubtleZ fenders. John will work with you on that too. I love the looks of the G-nose. It's just the change in proportions that it does to the car that I couldn't adjust to.

And yes, The G must have headlight covers.

FYI, John has had enough calls for a bumperless SubtleZ that he has asked for a mold from my MSA/SubtleZ blended nose. If all goes well we'll take a trip to Phoenix in the fall to get "itchy and stinky". Then anyone can have a D-nose Z. :confused2

Guest ON3GO

well i can always smooth out the JCR rear flares abit, i just want the look of a old GTU Z back in the 70's.

i dont want to many vents and etc on this Z as back in the day they didnt have that.

if i could get some old IMSA flares iw ould but thats hard to do as everybody knows.

mike

Guest ON3GO
hurry up and get down here already punk!

how are u gonna tranfer all those cars

ship and trailer them..

gonna be a pain.

im looking to trade my scion in for a Titan or a Dodge Ram cummins..

would suite me better..

mike

FYI' date=' John has had enough calls for a bumperless SubtleZ that he has asked for a mold from my MSA/SubtleZ blended nose. If all goes well we'll take a trip to Phoenix in the fall to get "itchy and stinky". Then anyone can have a D-nose Z. :confused2[/quote']

Funny, I'm talking to John about this right now. You know Dan, it never actually hit me that your bumper is a MSA / Subtle Z blend until John pointed out that you had done exactly what I was asking him about. You just did such a wonderful job it doesn't jump out, that and molding the seams.....

Do you have any pics of what you did with the bumper (in process) ? I have the SZ fenders and the MS air damn in the garage, and am trying to decide if I want to order an SZ air damn to cut up, or now if I should just wait on you guys to finish this project. BTW, I'm sorry, I don't mean to rip you off, I thought I was being original !

Do you have any pics of what you did with the bumper (in process) ? I have the SZ fenders and the MS air damn in the garage' date=' and am trying to decide if I want to order an SZ air damn to cut up, or now if I should just wait on you guys to finish this project. BTW, I'm sorry, I don't mean to rip you off, I thought I was being original ![/quote']

Thanks for the kind words. I don't think I have any pics of the blending process. I'm out of town for a few days. I'd have to dig through some old disks when I get home to see if there are any.

If you can wait a few months you can save yourself the cost of buying an extra air dam just to cut up. Plus it saves all that work too.

Don't worry about "ripping me off". Sincerest form of flattery and all that rot. Besides, if I was really worried would I let John make a mold?

Mike, Before you build this thing to "Race it in some vintage" class, check out vintage racing rules first. You might be building something that won't be allowed.

Oh, and I give the Cummins Diesel 3 thumbs up! :lmao:

Mike Kelly

Guest 73Turbo240z

i'm no bodyman, so i'll just say, sell the scion to me cheap. or take the volvo and i'll take the breadbox. though the girlfriend will kill me.

Guest ON3GO
i'm no bodyman, so i'll just say, sell the scion to me cheap. or take the volvo and i'll take the breadbox. though the girlfriend will kill me.

lol the scion will be getting its wheels, suspension and new paint just before i sell it.

ill pick up a truck soon i hope.

mike