HybridZ

Ready for round 2 YEHAAAAAW!

John Scott

Fastfrog, Did you hear it on the western slope? Two pumps on the pedal and it fired right up. Must be livin' right, only 2 degrees off on my initial timing. Open headers, nasty cam and high compression = SWEETSWEET music :D Goes down the driveway and goes up the driveway. Only pissed off 3 neighbors enough to come out. Sorry to gloat, but its been so long since it was running and I'm happy as a gear head can be right now. Trying to schedule the muffler shop for a all mandrel bend set up. Won't takle it on Saturday, so I have to wait until the first of next. Local ricers take note: Another HybridZ ready to embarass the fart pipe right off your psuedo performance rides!

John

Guest Fast Frog

John!!

I might have!! The ground shook and it started to thunder and lightning with not a cloud in the sky!! :eek:hail.gif Let me know how it rides. Low end, mid range, and high end!! cheers.gif BTW, I talked to Bret this week and he's still with me on my project. That's why I want as much detail on your performance as I can get!! burnout.gif

Rick

This thing revs like a top fuel! Lightweight (15 lb) flywheel and all. Predictions on launching difficulties. Annika 2, is squealing and running in circles to tell Mommy how "Youd" it is. Sat in my lap for the starting. "WOW, don't do that again" Jarek, 6, is high 5s with hopes of picking up at school next week. Mom is complaining of the noise and exhaust smell in the bedroom. Sheesh, some people just don't get it!

John

Originally posted by SleeperZ:

Sounds awesome John! Please post your Bandimere plans (if any) and I'd love to come out and see you run...maybe line up against you!

Sounds like fun! Maybe by spring I'll have the bugs worked out. (yeah right) Changed back to my 205 50s up front. Might have the leak located.

I tried a while back to rally a HybridZ Bandimier trip, but had little interest. Maybe next season we can get a few more going. I'm going to have a hell of a time getting off the line, but would be happy with a big mph.

John aka Torque addict, dang this thig pulls!

Hooker aerochamber. Two thumbs up. Out flow 2 chamber Flowtech. Sounds more like a Ford Cobra with H pipe. Way to loud for road trips but fantastic flow ratings. Higher pitched than duals. NICE! Scott @ Windsor Collins Muffler is the BEST. Master Artist of Exhasut. Worked over 7 hrs on my car. Mandral aluminized. Flowtech Y. Highly recommended for custom work in Colorado. On the down side an elusive oil leak behind the right head. Front tires hit valance. On the up side Phenominal torque and power. I'd swear a 4 second 0-60 on the primaries alone. A litle sceptical about streeting a cam so big, but 244 keeps it alive down low, 108 lsa, though lumpy brings on power early and strong.I can use 6th on highway w/o bucking. Pulls smoothly. Only part throtle roll on @55 mph, no where near full throttle: Smokes the tires! Phantom grip's insuring two soild black lines. I'll keep updating as I think this is a great borderline street set up.

John