HybridZ

R200 VLSD swap?

Guest scarab73

the carier inside the housing, which is the actual LSD unit can be removed bolt your gears to it and place it into the Z's long snout R200 housing, you'll then need to convert to the VLSD CV halfshafts to fully engage the LSD, I however chopped a 1/4" off one of my stock outpu stub shafts and am still running the stock U-joint axles, that being said I thought the Q used an R230?

There is a link in here somewhere that shows the Nissan part breakbown on both the R200 VLSD and the R230.Easiest way to tell the difference is the R230 has 3 bolts across the top on the rear cover and the R200 has only 2.They both are quite similar in outward appearance unfortunately so know what your looking for.

Guest JAMIE T

[Jsquared=quote]This is the only forum out of the numerous Nissan-tech-heavy forums I frequent that thinks the Q45 is an R200... I'm doubtful until I see it in the FSM.

That is the second time I've heard someone who thinks they know Nissans say that. Have you ever actually looked at the FSM, or for that matter a 300ZXTT diff and the Q45 Diff next to one another? The ZXTT R230 is at least an INCH wider. There is a pic around here taken by Mike Kelly of my ZXTT diff next to his Q45 diff and the differance is obvious! IMHO, all other Nissan forums are for overexaggerating SR20DET's power potential.

[Jsquared=quote']This is the only forum out of the numerous Nissan-tech-heavy forums I frequent that thinks the Q45 is an R200... I'm doubtful until I see it in the FSM.

That is the second time I've heard someone who thinks they know Nissans say that. Have you ever actually looked at the FSM, or for that matter a 300ZXTT diff and the Q45 Diff next to one another? The ZXTT R230 is at least an INCH wider. There is a pic around here taken by Mike Kelly of my ZXTT diff next to his Q45 diff and the differance is obvious! IMHO, all other Nissan forums are for overexaggerating SR20DET's power potential.

Jamie T I totally agree....LMAO! Its funny no one on the other forums ever post a slip with video.

CZ