HybridZ

Maybe a dumb question???

jmark06

I'm just wondering if it's possible or practical to buy a full To4b or To4e and swap the exhaust housing with the stock t3 exhaust housing to make a hybrid. This may have already been addressed but I couldn't find it. You probably can't or I would have heard more about it but I thought I'd ask since sometimes they are cheaper than hybrids. Thanks guys.

Yes. However if you use the standard T3 turbine wheel it will seriously mismatched compared to the flow capability of the compresor. Unless you are talking about using just your exhasut housing. In that case it would need to be machined to fit whatever turbine wheel that is in the T4, O or P trim. Thsis would be better. Check with Presicion Turbo.

you could have the turbine cut down to fit the housing, but that process could cost as much as getting a hybrid to begin with once you factor in the cost of the complete T4.

Why bother?

A TO4E with stage 3 aor 5 turbine and .63 - or even .82 housing if you want BIG numbers and only drag race, will be more than adequate.