HybridZ

What are the actual differences between all model '81-83 turbo ECU's?

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Sleeper - what about '82-83 zxt's? I NEVER see those around... I'm gonna need the actual dizzy to go with that chopper wheel :D

Just as a general rule, ECU's from FEDERAL cars have better drivability.

Non US-Spec ECUS usually have more power, and even better drivability.

For a little inside anecdote, long ago when some manufacturer's reps would get their company cars delivered in CA, they would IMMEDIATELY take the cars down to the service garage, and reflash the proms to the MEXICAN program.

All drivability and surging problems were solved. Before turning in their "company leased vehicles" they would return to the Service Garage, and reflash them to California specification.

When taking delivery of a CA Spec vehicle in other states, there was an active reflash program for the Federal Programs, also!

This was not Nissan. And was over 30 years ago now (or darned close!)...

Drivability comes from torque, and torque comes from being a tad rich...

Just as a general rule' date=' ECU's from FEDERAL cars have better drivability.

Non US-Spec ECUS usually have more power, and even better drivability.

For a little inside anecdote, long ago when some manufacturer's reps would get their company cars delivered in CA, they would IMMEDIATELY take the cars down to the service garage, and reflash the proms to the MEXICAN program.

All drivability and surging problems were solved. Before turning in their "company leased vehicles" they would return to the Service Garage, and reflash them to California specification.

When taking delivery of a CA Spec vehicle in other states, there was an active reflash program for the Federal Programs, also!

This was not Nissan. And was over 30 years ago now (or darned close!)...

Drivability comes from torque, and torque comes from being a tad rich...[/quote']

Nice. :D

If I need rich, I can up the fuel pressure. Already have, actually. I'm also thinking about Mercedes injectors as well, they are really starting to come into the u-pull-it yards, and they have a slightly better flow than SVO injectors at 380cc/min...