HybridZ

road racing stuff

mom'sZ

Buttlerbuilt seats are amazing because they'll custom build to your frame. However' date=' when I spoke to them about a month ago, they had been working through a FIVE HUNDRED seat order from NASCAR's top three series, the trucks, bush and grand national. My guess is it'll be a long wait for get one or two from them.

Mike[/quote']

When I picked up my seat from them a couple of weeks ago, the lead time for a custom built seat was still 6-8 weeks. They knew nothing of that order. Do you remember who you talked to? By the way, this seat is great. I finally have a seat that fits ME. 6'4" and about 200 lbs. Can't wait to try it out on the track.

Yeah, I was thinking open loop too, but tuning with an external wideband and changing the fuel map with that. Another harness and everything is definetly the way to go! I'd probably use the wideband just for peace of mind after everything was swapped back to the "simple setup".

Right Jon, what to do with the AFM...

Mark, I didn't write the info or the guy's name down. But I wasn't the only one told it. There were two instructors from Corvette Forum who were told the same exact thing within the same time frame. When I was down at Jeff Creech's shop in Durham this same topic came up and we were all discussing it. One if the guys in the group had gotten his for his T1 car and the other two guys said they had been told the schedule was blown due to the NASCAR orders that had flooded them. My comment was "Yup, I was told the same thing, so I bought a pair of Kirkeys." :roll:

So something is up inside their ranks over at Butlerbuilt. I'd have just as soon been "fitted for a single Buttlerbuilt seat and put something less expensive in the passenger's side.

Mike

Hoorrrrayyyyyy

the mighty Zcar rise again!!!!!

Celebrations still occuring in the mom's quarters

Like you say John' date=' now the question is getting it legally down to it's weight, I'm no lightweight ... 215 lbs. Help comes from the new nascar door bar rule allowing door gutting on both sides.[/quote']

Ouch. The last Z driver to win the ARRC weighs 147. Oh well, mount the seat as close to the tranny tunnel as you can get it and everything you're allowed to move, move to the right.

Before you need an ECU you're going to need Brakes. That'd be with a capital B. Check out the Nissan forum on improvedtouring.com for more ITS specific Z stuff.

Mark' date=' I didn't write the info or the guy's name down. But I wasn't the only one told it. There were two instructors from Corvette Forum who were told the same exact thing within the same time frame. When I was down at Jeff Creech's shop in Durham this same topic came up and we were all discussing it. One if the guys in the group had gotten his for his T1 car and the other two guys said they had been told the schedule was blown due to the NASCAR orders that had flooded them. My comment was "Yup, I was told the same thing, so I bought a pair of Kirkeys." :roll:

So something is up inside their ranks over at Butlerbuilt. I'd have just as soon been "fitted for a single Buttlerbuilt seat and put something less expensive in the passenger's side.

Mike[/quote']

Mike, I have no idea what is going on there but I do know the guy that works the front had no clue as to what I was talking about when I mentioned that order. Oh well, they missed a couple of sales due to lack of communication. I'll bet the boss lady would like to know that.

Ouch. The last Z driver to win the ARRC weighs 147. Oh well...

yeah yeah, I know. I quit smoking a little over a year ago at 178 lbs. I was up to 230 and have actually lost about fifteen lbs. in the past two months, it finally seems to be coming back off.

Before you need an ECU you're going to need Brakes. That'd be with a capital B. Check out the Nissan forum on improvedtouring.com for more ITS specific Z stuff.

Thanks for the tips Keith, I go to that forum daily. I've gleaned many bits of wisdom reading your old posts. Your results in the class speak for themselves and I take every word as gospel. I'm gathering the bits and the new rules have given great hope that the playing field has been leveled a little. But I've got a steep learning curve ahead of me. I've never road raced a car, I've road raced motorcycles and I'm hoping there are some skills that will cross over, but we'll see.

I'd like to thank all the members of this forum for all the advice and help they all supply. This forum is a gold mine of information.

yeah yeah' date=' I know. I quit smoking a little over a year ago at 178 lbs. I was up to 230 and have actually lost about fifteen lbs. in the past two months, it finally seems to be coming back off.

Thanks for the tips Keith, I go to that forum daily. I've gleaned many bits of wisdom reading your old posts. Your results in the class speak for themselves and I take every word as gospel. I'm gathering the bits and the new rules have given great hope that the playing field has been leveled a little. But I've got a steep learning curve ahead of me. I've never road raced a car, I've road raced motorcycles and I'm hoping there are some skills that will cross over, but we'll see.

I'd like to thank all the members of this forum for all the advice and help they all supply. This forum is a gold mine of information.[/quote']

This forum is definitely the best Z car tech stuff on the web; these guys know way more than I'll ever hope to.

I was a good driver, but I was a better Crew Chief and driver coach. When I was active, my Z's won 40 of 69 starts, with 13 2nds, 7 3rds, and 5 dnf's (only two of which were mechanical). It was a good run and I had two very talented drivers (but watch me whilst I break my arm patting myself on the back). I still dabble in the ITS Sunbelt/ARC Racing BMW's, but long for the day the 240's and 280's are back up front. Best of luck.

If SCCA would only put the 240/260/280Z on the same line in the ITCS allowing update/backdate. Imagine a 2,435 lb. 240Z running a 2.8L. Wait, here's one:

CoffeyBTW.jpg

And back in 1998 it was .7 seconds faster around WSIR then the current ITS record set by an unrestricted BMW 325is.