HybridZ

advice needed

Guest ZagatoZ

Let me restate :/. For a car that is going to run pump gas and ~10:1 compression, the open chambered E88 is not the easiest head to use. If you're going to use custom pistons and weld on the chambers, it doesn't matter what L head you use, because you can modify the combustion chamber to any size/shape you want and the heads are all fairly similar as a starting point.

But when the compression goal is ~10:1, running an N42 or milling a P90 and running the flat tops is the easiest way to get there.

Guest ZagatoZ

beautiful motors tony and brian.like i stated above, im looking for cheap hp, but that doesnt mean i wouldnt be willing to spend a little more on a proper head if that is where most hp is made. if i were to go ALL OUT on one head, meaning bigger valves(if needed) milled, ported, the works, what would be my best choice considering the bottom end and fuel delivery i will be using.it will be a daily driver but im not too worried about gas mileage as long as it stays above 15 mpg and compression id like to keep just south of detonation on pump, maybe even needing an octane booster every fill up.

beautiful motors tony and brian.like i stated above, im looking for cheap hp, but that doesnt mean i wouldnt be willing to spend a little more on a proper head if that is where most hp is made. if i were to go ALL OUT on one head, meaning bigger valves(if needed) milled, ported, the works, what would be my best choice considering the bottom end and fuel delivery i will be using.it will be a daily driver but im not too worried about gas mileage as long as it stays above 15 mpg and compression id like to keep just south of detonation on pump, maybe even needing an octane booster every fill up.

N42 or P90. P90 will have to be milled and the cam towers shimmed. Not expensive, but it has to be done. The N42 can just be used as is. I'd go P90 personally because I think the chamber is a better design.