HybridZ

Hi..I'm new.

nismo35

I hope this is the correct place to put this.

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Rondal and I have just recently decided to get back into the Z-Scene. I've owned a few Z's in my younger days and then I started getting into the whole S chassis scene. I still have a 97 S14a that I drive daily but I have just purchased a 1976 280Z. I am really looking forward to the restoration process...

Thanks B! I'm sure I'll have some noob questions but I'll search them out before voicing them. I'm guessing that most of the Z-Guys are older than the regular forum guys. The whole S chassis scene is turning into a "rice fest" because of the "drifting scene".

I've already asked every single "newbie question" you ever could, so just search through my old posts. haha.

I must add that it's hard to be "ricey" in the drifting scene because of the extreme skill in both tuning and driving it takes to drift. People that think intakes and simple bolt ons are tuning are in for a rough surprise when they realize how many axles and u joints they are goign to snap within a week or so of actual drifting.

:]

Well it use to be that the S chassis guys were a fairly knowledgeable (sp) group of guys. The cars weren't that popular in the US because of parts issues and the fact that everybody and their grandma were into Honda's. Now that drifting is so popular all the Civic guys are jumping on board with their big wings, clear tailights and huge exhaust on N/A cars...You're right though, they're in for a rude awakening...

I've battled back and forth with the whole SR swap idea in my S14 but I drive so far to work I didn't want to run into any reliability issues so I stayed NA KA which is hurting in the H/P department. That's where the Z comes in....

go ka!

Once day when I'm an uberrich millionaire i'm going to see what I can do with that much underrated motor.

i'm sick of hearing sr20

:|

There is a guy in Atlanta that built a reliable 400hp KA-T, so it's a solid motor but it's not very rev-happy and has been pretty much ignored by the aftermarket. I have all the basic bolt on stuff on my 97 and it's fun to drive and still gets 28/30mpg so I'm not THAT dissapointed with it. I rode in a guys car that had the S15 SR swap and it was smoooooth...

You're not kidding about the bandwagon..it's gaining steam....

welcome and glad to see another North Carolinian on the board! I live right down the road from you on 321 N in Hudson, a few miles north of Hickory. If you ever need parts for your Z there is an all Z junk yard about an hour away and he has about 250 total Z cars so hes got what you need! Good luck!

welcome and glad to see another North Carolinian on the board! I live right down the road from you on 321 N in Hudson, a few miles north of Hickory. If you ever need parts for your Z there is an all Z junk yard about an hour away and he has about 250 total Z cars so hes got what you need! Good luck!

Thanks for all the response everyone!

I know where Hudson is..where's this Z place? I would like to cruise through it and look for a few things.

I was wondering about the chassis designation, I figured it would be "Z" Z30, Z31, Z32, Z33..so it's "S" instead?

what is it there, rondalboy! :D bwahaha, you can't escape :twisted:

anyways, I can't think of anything cool to say.

go ka!

Once day when I'm an uberrich millionaire i'm going to see what I can do with that much underrated motor.

i'm sick of hearing sr20

There's plenty of people who already have explored the potential of the KA-T. The SR is lighter and can handle as much power on stock internals as most mildly-built KAs. Ironically, I'm also sick of hearing about it, and I even own one! :twak: Stupid trend-jumping magazine monkeys...

what is it there' date=' rondalboy! :D bwahaha, you can't escape :twisted:

anyways, I can't think of anything cool to say.

There's plenty of people who already have explored the potential of the KA-T. The SR is lighter and can handle as much power on stock internals as most mildly-built KAs. Ironically, I'm also sick of hearing about it, and I even own one! :twak: Stupid trend-jumping magazine monkeys...[/quote']

Trend-jumping magazine monkeys...Now that's some funny stuff!

I think that guy still has the 260 with the triple webbers and headers and stuff..

Come JJ..Come to the Z SIDE!!!