HybridZ

It was bound to happen

stony

The 150 meter track in okinawa was getting faster and faster cars. then this gtr had a line lock failure and lost its brakes combined with the throtle stuck wide open.

There were some videos posted a while back of cars running on this track. Its 150M from start to finish and like less then 100M shutdown. pretty scary with fast cars

post-585-1121055507.jpg

post-585-1121055523.jpg

BTW that is not the side of the track that is the end of the track!!!!!!

The fast guys have to slam on the brakes and turn to the right to avoid hitting it. I guess the word is his line lock failed and he lost his brakes... That was a low to mid 10 sec car!!!!

I guess the word is his line lock failed and he lost his brakes...

Yea, I walk around the pits and all the line locks installed by most of the shops are using soft copper tubing.....The only ones I found that are installed properly are mine and Wing Auto.

I'll check around. It wasn't as bad as it looks. The guy left in an ambulance but he was OK, just a little beat up from going in sideways. The GT-R wasn't one of the fast ones. The two GOYU GT-R's are trapping at 180+ km/hr. The silver one with twin 3240's is a high 8 second car on the right surface (it's quicker than the HKS drag GT-R on that surface!!). He's getting well into fourth gear with the Hollinger at 150m. I'm going after him with the Corvette. I'll be stepping it up with an ATI F2 supercharger this fall/winter. Jon's RB26-S15 will be around 1000hp, but I don't think we'll be able to get the traction needed without a full back-half. For HKS class regs we have to stay with the Ford 8.8 independent. You need to hurry up and get that beast back here so we can lay down the law!! :)