Need ideas on how to ship a dash

J Taylor

JT, try these guys in Mobile:

QUICK DELIVERY SERVICE

Address: 3161 CRICHTON STREET

MOBILE , AL 36607

Phone: 334-471-5369

Fax: 334-479-9410

They are part of Forward Air's service. Forward Air provided shiping for my g-nose from Toronto to Chicago for $75.00....they typically ship from major airport to major airport, but can also arrange for delivery for additional charge.

you can ship it via ups through mailbox etc, but they will charge you twice as much as ups. i ordered fiberglass bumpers from msa once and the quality was so poor i decided to return them upon first glance. i went through a similar ordeal with sizing. i took it to mailbox etc and they tried to charge me $110. the ups driver was there at the time and gave me the "dont do it" face. i spoke with him later outside the store and he mentioned how places like that like to put money in their pocket by charging a hefty middleman fee.

i called ups on his advice and and scheduled a pickup and shipped it for around $40. they are strict on pickups, yes, and that is based on the volume of the box moreso than the weight. you should be able to take it directly to ups, though, and send it that way. that, or try quick delivery service like aviatorx recommended.

UPS and Fedex for sure won't do it. I checked both their websites and even went to UPS locally here. The box is going to be approx 55x25x25 which is quite a bit too big. I did even talk with a Mail boxes store I used to use alot before I found out about the UPS main place. He even said he couldn't ship it and it was way too big for UPS. He told me to call "Craters & Freighters" or something like that which I had already been turned to earlier and they wanted like $250 to do it. A place called Freightliner quoted $75 but they wouldn't insure it which is not an option. After going to about 5 places today one place did tell me to try Forward Air like one of the above posts mentions. I haven't called them yet but will in the morning for sure. Only good thing about this is the learning experience I guess.

Aviatorx: Thanks a bunch for the info and numbers. I will try them in the morning.

JT

Guest Paul Felker

if you are going to ship a dash put it in a big box with LOTS of stuffing and put FRAGILE on the box in a BUNCH of places. Id screm this at the top of my lungs if i knew you guys could hear me!!! Last year i went to florida and found 2 crack free dashes in a salvage yard, so i bought them both for 50.00 bucks and took them to a place like mail boxes ect, and i had them pack them up and ship them off to my parents house in WI for 60 bucks each thought great deal 2 crack free dashes shipped to my house for 110.00 including purchace price, deal had them shipped off and when i got home i tore into the banged up boxes and found 2 cracked dashes, god was i pissed. here i thought i was going to have a crack free dash and have one to sell? no way now i have 2 dashes in my basement with a bunch of cracks, i think im going to put one in my car just in spite. any way just be very careful in how they are boxed up. and ups will ship them they did my 2.