HybridZ

Stock 240Z lines for an L28ET?

Guest Z Draci

Guest Z Draci

I'm in the final stages of planning out everything for my L28ET-into-240Z swap.

I've been reading about many people here that they did not replace the 240Z hard fuel lines when doing the swap. They simply put larger inlet/outlet nipples on the 240Z tank and ran soft FI hoses. I'm having a hard time believing that this would work. My eventual power target is 250hp. Should I switch to a larger diameter hard line now or would the stock 240Z ones actually work for me?

Also, I just found that my plastic fuel vapor tank and vent hoses are cracked and leaking. I was quoted $90 for all the vent hoses. I already found a metal vapor tank. I'm just planning to replace these items and run a long (about 12") tubular surge tank mounted on the passenger side front strut w/ a secondary pump. No baffling or collector tank. Just bigger inlet/outlet put on the tank itself.

But I really do want to hear some opinions on keep those 240Z lines.

Any comments are appreciated.

I'm using the stock fuel lines on my 73 240Z with my fuel infected LT1 V8 with no problems (approx. 300hp). I'm using the existing supply line for supply and the stock vent as the return, and even used the stock tank for a while. I eventually upgraded the fuel tank, but that was just to be able to install dual exhaust.