HybridZ

Procharger system

Why hasnt anyone attempted to use a cintrifigual supercharger on an l6. They arent as bluky as classic superchargers and can be made to make far more than 20lbs of boost. I am assuming that cost and praticality is the reasoning, but it would make a interesting dyno thats for sure.

that would be a no of my knowledge..

there are a few with roots type blowers... but no centrifugal blowers =(

the cost to fabricate the necessary components is not very efficient...

with that money put into a turbo motor you can have one hell of a turbo car!!

Think about it... turbo motor $500, plus new T3/T04e $600, big intercooler $300, 3" downpipe and exhuast $400, intercooler piping and MegaSquirt $270 to control fuel and spark..

That's around $2,100 .. and the Vortech Centrifugal blowers are $2,400 plus you have to fabricate the stuff for it.. nahh... go turbo

The Procharger and Vortech can make a lot of power (I've tuned 350Zs and got over 380WHP). The problem is that the the boost increases with RPM at a very linear rate. Unlike a turbo setup where boost increases at an almost logarithmic rate. The difference is in the seat of your pants. This is because the turbo reaches full boost at a very low RPM, where the centrifugal SC makes full boost at red line. On the 350Zs I've tuned we get around 8psi at 6500RPM. Yea, great HP numbers, but you have to rev the piss out of it to really FEEL the power.

what would logarithmic look like on a graph? a sideways S?
A log plot rises very quickly, then tapers off. A centrifugal supercharger's boost curve resembles more of an exponential plot though, starts off very low, and peaks at redline.