HybridZ

700R4 tranny

Oleh

Guest tony78_280z

WTF

I keep reading this and trying to figure out what he is asking. Will the 700r4 bolt onto what? It wont bolt onto a 2.8L Nissan motor. But if your 83 has a Small Block Chevy then you are in luck.

I think Tim summed it up best.

If 240 Turbo (James Thagard) can put a powerglide in a 240Z, then the 700R4 should fit as well. The 700 is larger, but in the ZX, there "should" be enough room.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=89740&highlight=powerglide

There are lots of parts you'll need, including a new shifter, a new driveshaft, a bellhousing adapter, a flexplate adapter and blank flexplate, a TV Cable assembly and you'll need to move the tranny mounts, but it more than likely CAN be done.

I'm collecting all of the parts right now and only lack the, VERY expensive for what it is, bellhousing adapter at this point. I should have the 700R4 in my 82ZXT before too long.

Warren

If 240 Turbo (James Thagard) can put a powerglide in a 240Z' date=' then the 700R4 should fit as well. The 700 is larger, but in the ZX, there "should" be enough room.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=89740&highlight=powerglide

There are lots of parts you'll need, including a new shifter, a new driveshaft, a bellhousing adapter, a flexplate adapter and blank flexplate, a TV Cable assembly and you'll need to move the tranny mounts, but it more than likely CAN be done.

I'm collecting all of the parts right now and only lack the, VERY expensive for what it is, bellhousing adapter at this point. I should have the 700R4 in my 82ZXT before too long.

Warren

thanks alot Warren, appretiate it...