HybridZ

celica supra...

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Anybody like them?

have a 1985 Celica Supra that ill be building with a 7M-GTE and abunch of goodies.

I really like these cars, deff sorta Z31'ish... but has a 200sx S12 sorta style to it.

got the car for 200 bucks, motor had a fire, but the car is near perfect! no dents and the interior is PERFECT!!!

gonna be a fun and fast street car, theres plenty that needs to be done and researched but overall its gonna be a cool build!

nice to work on something else besides mine, its my good friends but still.

next car i build besides my rabbit is gonna be the Porsche 914 race car.

mike

I always liked those.. except for the rear runing lights sticking out from the sides (just wrong IMO), I think they are a really 'mean' looking car, right from the factory. wide, flared, and really nice seats.. They do bare some similarity to the Z31's, and even more to the mid 80's 200sx's (85-88 I think) which isn't a bad thing.. kinda square, but with style. Funny story.. I had an 85 200sx years ago, and got out of a speeding ticket once because the cop wrote 'toyota' for the make of vehicle. :lol: Have fun!

Yeah I really like the uh.. L type, the one with the flares and bigger wheels. The the 7m-gte would be perfect for it. For all the boxy-square cars that came out of the mid 80's the supra was defintely one that did it right.

Guest ON3GO
I was starting to worry about you. You haven't bought a car in a couple of weeks! What was even scarier was that you might have actually been on the cusp of finishing one of your projects! ;)

lol.

blue Z is getting done.

Green Z is well... nevermind on that car.

RX7 was sold

scion is daily driver

rabbit im still building bit by bit.

200sx S12 SR20DET was parted out.

porsche 928S put on hold and friend will be doing that car for him.

conquest sold.

few others sold or not gonna do much with for now.

i wanna get this rabbit done next so i can start on my porsche 914 project car!

BUT looking at a Alfa GTV6 this weekend with no engine for 200 bucks!

mike

Guest ON3GO

guy didnt want to sell it at the very end.. got my depost it back.

car was very rusted threw and really not worth the money.

desided to still build the engine i have planed for that as soon as i get home, and then start looking for a NICE fairlady z i can import.

mike

Guest ON3GO
you have a lot of cars.

:]

have a few more still... desided i need to deside what i want to do with them all and what car i wanna stick to keeping.. so a few will be sold soon.

i have over 60K in student loans soooooo :(

mike

Before you swap in that 7M-GTE, weigh it. You might be surprised.

Years ago I had a MkIII Supra, with the 7M-GTE; used to frequent the Supra boards. There were several 7M-GTE swaps into the MkII (1983-1986) chassis. And there was a SBC swap too – that one was my favorite.

car doesnt move so its hard to weigh.. had a engine fire lol.

found a few 7M's.. gonna keep looking though..

not my car so i gotta wait it all out for the owner to deside.

mike

Now your sig says that you have a Toyota Corona - man, that really brings back the memories! My parents had a '74, then a '76, and finally a '78. The '74 was an automatic - we trashed it when the transmission died. The other two succombed to rust or ill use.

What sort of engine will you swap into these? Please don't make it a turbo. :-)

no i dont have a corona yet.. thats what im looking for right now.

thats next along with the 914 im gonna build (that i have in floirda) and another S30 Z.

the corona will be supercharged :)

mike