HybridZ

3.8 ford V6?

b__sosick

Only the early motors were bad. The blocks were so light, that they had to reinforce the whole bottom end to race it.

I wanted to run one in Improved touring in a Capri Body and the Guys at SVO, this was in 85, flat talked me out of it. If you remember it was shortly after this that the Nascar Busch series ran v-6s and the 3.8 was the motor. The later motor, used in the supercharged T-birds 89- ? Were a tough piece of equipment. That said, I wouldn't put it in a Z.

To many cheap small blocks around Ford or Chevy.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ColoradoZ

thats funny one of the guys on my mustang forum has a stock (valve covers not even lifted) running a 10.6 with a auto and a 3.8. It has 2 16g turbos boosting 17 lbs of boost through the motor, its been running for quite some time with no problems a stock eec is running it with a sct x-cal flash. i would love to have this engine in a 240z

David

that is one of the shittiest motors ford produced. They're notorious for blowing head gaskets.

I'd also pay you not to put it in your Z (not really' date=' just a figure of speech)[/quote']

Aux is right, my bro has a 90 Taurus with this motor and the HGs blew on his.