HybridZ

non turbo intake on a l28ET??

260ZRED

Would I be safe if I bolt on a n42 intake instead of the stock turbo intake?? The only thing I would lose is the emergency pop-off valve, right?

The rest of the engine set-up is stock.. but I have 3 ugly block off plates on the turbo intake and the n42 looks soo nice in comparison.

While the intake is off I will also modify the J-pipe to accept the 240sx TB..

Should I also put in a 'real' BOV @ the same time? Or would it be OK to run as-is for a while, without the pop-off valve???????

Thanks for any advice guys.

Guest bastaad525

I'm running an N42 intake from a '75 280z on my turbo motor for almost 2 years now with no... well okay, some small issues :D

Since I don't have the cold start injector or no cold start idle valve (basically I have no 'choke') the motor idles kinda low until it warms up a bit. Not TOO low.... only a couple hundred RPM lower than usual, not enough that it chokes or lopes or anything like that, it's a smooth idle.

Otherwise I'm much happier with how clean it is w/o all that junk attached.

I'm running an N42 intake from a '75 280z on my turbo motor for almost 2 years now with no... well okay' date=' some small issues :D

Since I don't have the cold start injector or no cold start idle valve (basically I have no 'choke') the motor idles kinda low until it warms up a bit. Not TOO low.... only a couple hundred RPM lower than usual, not enough that it chokes or lopes or anything like that, it's a smooth idle.

Otherwise I'm much happier with how clean it is w/o all that junk attached.[/quote']

Ditto. Port matched it works great.

• 2 weeks later...