HybridZ

3" exhaust = lower rpm on highway?

ZR8ED

Grumpy, I think he meant it in a good way. Johns post was a lot of information, had to make you think. Kind of like your posts, where you give so much information and links per subject, it is almost overwhelming, but that's GOOD! We absolutley LOVE lots of information here :-D

!M!

........."Good stuff! That boggled my mind faster than a Grumpyvette post!"

Yes Grumpyvette, sometimes your posts are a bit mind boggling to us neophytes, but after reading them several times, I can usually glean a few tidbits of knowledge that is priceless. Please don't give up on those of us on the lower rungs of zdom. Thank you!.....mayolives

Absolutely. With the low pressure in the exhaust the Dp-brane superstring as part of the relativistic paradox inside the tire carcass is vectored toward the inner spacial area.

Under this condition' date=' the endpoints of strings are free to move about but no momentum can flow into or out of the end of a string. The T duality infers the existence of open strings with positions fixed in the dimensions that are T-transformed. Generally, in type II theories, we can imagine open strings with specific positions for the end-points in some of the dimensions. This lends an inference that they must end on a preferred surface. Superficially, this notion seems to break the relativistic invariance of the theory, possibly leading to a paradox. The resolution of this paradox is that strings end on a p-dimensional dynamic object, the Dp-brane.[/quote']

It's true, there is a slight increase in speed vs. RPM and I do have a manual transmission when adding a 3" exhaust over a smaller sized equivalent. Although I do disagree with John's theory where he has resolved the preferred surface paradox using a supposed p-dimensional dynamic object. It's similar to proposing that an apple with it's edible outer membrane is in any was familiar to an orange with it's pithy outer husk, which is clearly inedible. I digress, the point of the matter weighs in the 10 dimensional string theory proposed just before the end of the 20th century, in particular the dimensions of 8 and 9 are of particular relevance in that they will correspond with creating a subatomic resonance within a 3" exhaust. this makes them ideal for an internal combustion engine, which is why when you look in most exhaust shops, they won't go above 3" in most cases. The interchange of free radicals in the nearly 1200F gas causes a minor impulse of fission upon collision and actually adds to the evacuation process due to endothermic reactions, leaving you a much freer flowing exhaust. Now I must warn you that if the exhaust exits left or right, there will be such a vacuum created that the car could lose control, so it is best to apply the vacuum under the car, or even inside the driver's compartment to avoid the "hovernicus effect".