HybridZ

boosters and master cylinder, one more time.

Guest bastaad525
I don't think you will notice much if anything in the way of increased pedal effort from the larger diameter MC. In theory it will require more effort' date=' but in practice it was nothing I noticed. The braided brake lines you absolutely will notice. They take all of the "give" out of the brakes. Once the brakes come on, it is like stepping on a brick. The pedal doesn't move because there are no rubber brake line swelling to take up the excess pressure.

Also I didn't really "bend" the hard lines to get the MC to fit. Just kind of rerouted them. The lines have plenty of flex near the MC. If you break a line, then I would question the condition of the lines in the first place.[/quote']

Oh there's no question, trust me :D they are shot.

Seriously though... they seem fine, they just don't want to put up with much bending before they crack. Now, I did have to slightly bend my clutch M/C because apparently there are two different M/C parts listed for the 240 and they have the place where the hardline attaches in a slightly different spot. So I was able to bend that with no trouble. The little S shaped hard line that attaches to the caliper... I broke that simply because it was practically welded onto the caliper, and it took such force to get it off that I ended up crushing it a bit. The return line that I cracked... that one... well I dunno I didn't bend it excessively or anything, maybe someone before me had? I bent it down like an inch and it cracked and that was it.

I really, REALLY want to upgraded to the braided lines. God being broke sucks...

Oh there's no question' date=' trust me :D they are shot.

Seriously though... they seem fine, they just don't want to put up with much bending before they crack. Now, I did have to slightly bend my clutch M/C because apparently there are two different M/C parts listed for the 240 and they have the place where the hardline attaches in a slightly different spot. So I was able to bend that with no trouble. The little S shaped hard line that attaches to the caliper... I broke that simply because it was practically welded onto the caliper, and it took such force to get it off that I ended up crushing it a bit. The return line that I cracked... that one... well I dunno I didn't bend it excessively or anything, maybe someone before me had? I bent it down like an inch and it cracked and that was it.

I really, REALLY want to upgraded to the braided lines. God being broke sucks...[/quote']

We're not talking about a massive bend here. I think the key is getting it off without damaging it. The bending is no biggee. I bent mine with my hands and it only has to be rerouted about 6" or so. I noticed an increased pedal effort when I switched masters FWIW.