HybridZ

learning the hard way

I had a similar experience DL. I paid to have my diff rebuilt and they didn't torque the pinion nut down... :twak: I drove the car around the block, then got my mechanic buddy in the car with me. I'm telling him "Now listen real close" and BAM!!! the car skids to a stop. We were about 4 houses down the street. Luckily we were only going about 10 mph and nothing broke. Just like you I had to call a tow truck. Wasn't my mistake, but I've made plenty since I've decided not to trust my car to others... :redface:

I've had too many to count as well. My latest one is putting the wrong size t/o bearing collar in and now I gotta pull the whole tranny down again. Thats not the worse though! After installing my motor and paying for the shop to wire it, I picked it up from the shop and and it cutoff 10 miles down the road stranding me. After towing it back to the shop, and having them take apart the whole fuel system, and install new fuel lines because it previously wouldn't hold pressure (they even dismantled the FPR itself to check for malfunction) they found a piece of paper towel stuck in the fuel rail that I had put in there to keep from getting it dirty while it was sitting. If you search you'll find one of my posts trying to find a solution to fuel pressure problems. Stupid stupid stupid!