HybridZ

10.5 AF ok?? HELP

envmyz

Hello,

Just a quick question, this may seem kinda vague but here it goes.

I'm running a t3/t4 turbo with a NPR IC, intake temp never get's above 100F. Just got my innovate LC-1 a few days ago, works awesome. I'm using the VexME software (which is killer by the way) and set all my target AFs and have my fuel map tuned quite well, in the sense that all my AFs are where I want them to be through out the rpm/boost band. The question that I have is, at 15PSI on 93 octane and a 10-10.5 af ratio, should I be concerned about detenation? The reason that I am asking is.. I'm paranoid..lol I'm not sure how to tell if it is happening anyways... I know about the whole salt and pepper on the spark plugs themselves, but there is no signs of this...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

You should be ok, if not running crappy (rich) while 10:0. Where is the sensor located? How does your timing look?

It would probably like 12.0-12.7 a lot better.

OK to start with 10.5 afr on boost is very safe. there is no way you will detonate. It is also very rich. If you leaned your fuel curve out more, or added timing or if you want more boost, it would give you more power. A turbo motor likes to run at about 11.5 to 12 Afr. those numbers will keep your motor very safe. if you want to run 12 to 12.5 afr that will work also but it is a little and i mean a little less safe.

1st - one should always be concerned with detonation, and avoid it at all costs.

That said, I agree that 12.5 - 12.7 is where you whould be under boost, not 10.5 - you're losing HP and gas.

You can also lose HP if timing is not right, as well as mileage.

I am about to go MSNS_E,and will be using a knock sensor when tuning, and edge up on the right settings.

If you check out the MSEFI forum, you can see a vendor that can supply something that will interface with MS and datalog.

It costs ~$60 dollars, anhd I believe it will be money well spent.