HybridZ

FJ20ET GT28RS Power Output

260DET

For anyone interested, the latest dyno tune produced 272rwhp @6250 rpm before the injectors maxed out. Boost is presently 1.2bar, looking at ~1.5bar when bigger injectors are fitted. What seemed unusual was that it appeared that the engine would make power up to ~7500rpm, not that it will be run that high ;)

The usual turbo mods, IC, 3" exhaust. ECU is a MoTec M4, custom valve timing, ported head, stock S12 inlet and exhaust manifolds, 65mm throttle body. Engine internals are stock, except for forged Wiseco pistons and larger bigend bolts.

Avatar car is a combined road/track car, not a dyno queen, lots of midrange punch to get out of the corners in a hurry :)

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Why Did You Choose The Disco Potato? That Is A Huge Mismatch Between Compressor And Turbine.... I Bet With A Gt2871r At The Same Boost Level You Will Probably Find Another 30+ Hp.

Btw Nice Numbers And The Best Parts Is Its A Fj20!!!! I Love Those Motors.

Why Did You Choose The Disco Potato? That Is A Huge Mismatch Between Compressor And Turbine.... I Bet With A Gt2871r At The Same Boost Level You Will Probably Find Another 30+ Hp.

Avatar car is a combined road/track car' date=' not a dyno queen, lots of midrange punch to get out of the corners in a hurry [/quote']

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Right But The Gt2871r Has The Same Amount Of Response As The Gt28rs But It Has A Higher Flowing Compressor.

On A Sr20det The Gt2871r .64 A/r Can Hit Full Boost In The 3500rpm Range... The Gt28rs Is The Same.... But The Gt2871r Makes More Power.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Its Been Proven Over And Over Though.... Well Its All Up To The Owner Of The Vehicle, But My Opinion Is That The Gt28rs Is Not Great At All.

Btw: That Is The Same Car. It Was Done By Scott At Enthapy.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

gt2871r

GT2871R_743347_1_comp_e.gif

gt28rs

GT2860RS_739548_1_comp_e.gif

the reason its a .86 a/r turbine against a .64 is because the gt28rs only comes in .86 and a fair comparison would be the .64 2871r vs. the gt28rs.

Why the disco spud? Several reasons - I know SFA about turbos, the price was right, it produces a wide spread of torque, conflicting advice re alternatives, don't want more than 300rwhp so as to preserve the transmission......... No comparison between it and the former hi-flow TO3 :)

Pic of donk here.

showphoto.php?photo=3814&cat=500&page=1

Guest PROJECTRB240SX
Why the disco spud? Several reasons - I know SFA about turbos' date=' the price was right, it produces a wide spread of torque, conflicting advice re alternatives, don't want more than 300rwhp so as to preserve the transmission......... No comparison between it and the former hi-flow TO3 :)

Pic of donk here.

[img']http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=3814&cat=500&page=1[/img]

GOOD CHOICE THEN..... GOOD LUCK WITH THAT CAR I'M SURE ITS PLENTY FAST WITH 270WHP!!!!