HybridZ

Need confirmation about swap

Hi, I've done my research and are planning to use the following :

Toyota 4x4 4 piston calipers S-12-8 (not S-12-W)

NA 300ZX 4-lug vented rotors

15/16 280ZX MC

Here are the Qs :

1. The calipers described above are said to fit stock S30 solid rotors, but will the vented NA 300ZX 4-lug rotors fit?

2. Does every 280ZX come with 15/16 MC? Or only 280ZX Turbo has the 15/16 MC? I found one in the wreck yard but it only says "Nabco" and "Japan".

Have searched but didn't see anything definitive. I need to know cuz I have found some of the iems in local pick-and-pull. Thanks

I know S12W are used with 300ZX vented rotors. I want to know if the 4lug 300zx rotors will fit those S12-8 calipers. If I use the S12W then I have to buy spacers. I can't find a pair of S12W neither. But there's plenty of S12-8 around. If I can find S12W I'll probably go that way, but I can't find them.

I finger checked and eye checked the MC on the 280ZX, didn't see anything except "Nabco" and "Japan" but I will go check again.

Ok, sorry i guess i misunderstood. I dont know about the compatability of the 300zx 4 lug non-vented rotor with the s12-8's but, if your willing to spend the extra money i would recommend simply ordering remanufactured s12w's from autozone.com or kragen.com etc. I would then just use any caliper as a core i don't think they check, i could be wrong though.

Look in the classifieds for here and zcar.com I am pretty sure people are selling them. And from what I know (which isn't much) the s12-8's will not fit the vented rotor. Go to modernmotorsport and buy his 4x4 package or have someone make spacers. Otherwise if you use the s12-8 then you keep your stock rotor, which is what should be upgraded in the first place.

For sure, it is a pretty good upgrade from what i hear. Even the stock brakes are pretty good for street (also from what i hear and from removing them they got some beef to them). Those s12-8 brakes with stock rotor will be more then fine. People, like myself (i have s12w), tend to overdue things and get ahead of themselves.

For more info check the brake topic in the FAQ forum

:twak: Yes, the swap will help your Z. It is a easy swap to do. You will have to remove or cut the backing plate. Go with a good set of brake pads and bleed the brakes well. Other then that, it should be super easy. A additional thing to do is make sure you torque the mounting bolts to spec's. I have done this swap before using the S-12 calibers. It is great for street and limited track events. I have now gone to the S-12W calibers and 300ZX rotors setup for all most 3 years now. Haven't had any problems. Also added the 280ZX rear disc setup in the rear. Used a flat mounting plate. Good Luck, Rich.