HybridZ

more new parts

Forrest

Managed to get ahold of one of the much sought after intakes:

thagard.jpg

and I'm going to try and get this jdm header to work one way or another

header.jpg

just felt like sharing since I can't work on the car while the hurricane is looming (everything is put up to fit both cars in the garage.)

now thats a nice intake AND exhuast manifold! wow! im jealous

that exhuast manifold will let ya run an external wastgate which is awsome!!

plus if ya dyno it.. at higher RPM's watch that tubular header GLOW! hahaha

how much ya snag em for?! looks like the intake manifold uses the stock intake manifold thing.. i forgot what it's called.. Lol.. anyway.. looks like the runners were cut off and a new sheetmetal one was made! how cool!

now how does that work running that intake and that exhaust together.

James intake uses the stock mounting flange, and that exhaust manifold looks like it doesnt.

so how are you gonna mount that intake w/o those nifty little thick *** spacers that we have to use so the intake manifold has pressure on the bottom of it, so it can seal.

unless im missing something and im a moron, lol.

mike

Actually, I wasn't going to use them together, I was going to put the intake on my silver 77 with a stock exhaust manifold, and the header on the black car with triple Solex carbs converted to ITBs, using this: cartech2.jpg

But, it does use the stock mounting flange. You're seeing the picture from the bottom, that's all. :)

is that joels old setup?

ive been really reall really wondering about a setup like that but theres not that much info (that i can find atleast) about it for a boosted L28ET.

thats something i really want to do to my blue Z, as ill be building a spare forged L28ET for it soon... the blue Z will forever be a L motor.

green Z.... lol

mike

Sorry man, I didn't think he would close early but I couldn't help but give it a shot, and he was kind enough to accomodate me. He did an awesome job on shipping the stuff too.

Yo, when it's done I'll drive it over and you can tell me what is going on in these Wangan Midnight movies. :)