HybridZ

Those supra guys are funny...

datsunlover

I was driving through a parking lot tonite, and spotted a REALY nice 2ng gen supra. 88-89 maybe.. Nice enough that I had to drive over and have a look see at it. Perfect black paint, very nice 5 star rims (MOMO maybe?) and lowered 'just' the right amount. A subtle lower body kit, blacked out evrything, nice subtle spoiler on the back and a decent looking exhast (read> NOT a fart can with 5" tip) I thought.. dang, thats nice, and I bet it goes like stink too.. (small 'Turbo' sticker on the rear. Only sticker on the car..)

So the guy comes out of the nearby McDonalds and gives me a funny look. I say "Nice supra man.. I think I want to paint my car black now! :) " He says "Oh yah? What have you got?" I tell him I have an 86 RX7 I'm building right now. It's 'ticket me' red, so I'm thinking of changine it next summer. The guy says "Oh..an RX7? heh. You wont catch me!" I tell him not to be so sure.. yah, he might get me up top when I run out of gear, but I'll give him a run.. (I didn't tell him it's a V8 swap) He starts to rattle off all the things I'd have to do to my silly little rotary engine to even come close to him, and I'd still blow up anyway, yada yada.. I looked at him and said "Nope, I havn't done any of that stuf.. I DID put a cam shaft in though.." He looked confused, "Uh..sure.." and I just laughed as I drove away.. Hope I see him out some night.. :twisted:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battle Pope

You will never meet a less friendly or more elitist group of people than Supra owners. This is of course ruling out Mustang and Corvette owners.

come on, mustang guys are the same as camaro guys, just a little more country..

and supra/ corvette are the worst by far..

I went to a corvette autoX with a friend(we just drove by early in the AM) in his Z32(slight mods, runs 12s) to watch and they did nothing but rip on his car, I would of loved to see them let him run the course, as he had full suspension and was a good driver..

hah, I cracked that 12 sec 1/4 mile joke about 2 years ago on here...

Here's another good one.

Getting power out of a chevy TBI motor is kind of like having sex and orgasming while standing on your head: technically possible, but very difficult to achieve

Guest JAMIE T

All Supra street race stories start out with... "So, I was on the way to the Dyno when..."

You guys ar forgetting the Porsche guys. They rank up there with the Corvette and Supra elitists.

I'm going to start being a Zcar elitist. I'm going to go to all of the Supra forums and Corvette forums and talk smack about there heaps, LOL.

i remember when i use to street race in tampa, i would always ask the supra guys if they wanted to run, and they would always say this...

"sure lets go from a 60mph roll"

and me being the smart *** i am, i would always come back with..

"dude this isnt a damn bakery"

would piss the hell out of them :)

mike