HybridZ

Finishing off garage

Tim240z

I have pulled both vehicles out of the garage (Z and GT) and pulled everything off the open stud walls (nails, shelves etc etc). I will be drywalling it and organizing everything with hanging tray/bins and peg board etc.

100_0265_Medium_.jpg

100_0268_Medium_.jpg

anyways, I have a bunch of stuff which I will be taking to the scrap yard next weekend....unless someone wants to come by and grab it.

I have:

L24

240Z driveshaft and 2 sideshafts

R180 Mustache bar

various interior panels

240Z gauges and misc. interior trim pieces

All the other pieces that came OEM that I didn't use due to customizing

I don't want to ship, so come one, come all and git it...

Tim ...you must tear into projects with power of a Louisiana hurricane ! Pretty fast solo drywall job for an afternoon. Hope one of the kids, tools, or -parts did get sheathed in also that afternoon. During a garage drywall job, I nailed a copper water pipe directly in a corner stud wall....Got it repalced but too damp to hold solder ...used a wad of bread dough to sop up the inside pipe water dampness where the hot vapor would not blow out the cooling solder in the joint.

The hardest job I ever had in my youth was delivering sheet rock. We had a boom truck, but more than half the work was by hand, and there were a lot of stairs (big apartment boom in the area at the time). I made it about 2 weeks before fate smiled on me and I found something better. Good thing too, cause my hands were like hamburger and I had trouble standing up straight.

Don't use anything from the home stores...it is junk.

The problem with all epoxy floor coatings is that the prep work has to be very extensive (sanding and acid etching the floor, then cleaning and then several coats in the correct temp and humidity). Also, it does not stand up to steel fabrication work (welding and grinding) and jack stands etc.

So, I will likely leave it alone.

AGAIN....stay away from the Home Depot stuff.

VCT won't stand up to heavy mechanical use (IE Jack Stands, dropping sharp stuff, welding slag etc). I have been looking into floor coverings for several months and nothing will stand up to what I need it to. Even those modular flooring systems ($$$$$$) won't do it....nothing will, so I will leave the floor bare concrete.....

Guest bastaad525

you still have that red motor Tim (to the right of the Opel)? If so, please refresh my memory how much you were asking for it?

Flash posted some pics of the two Z's (the drivetrainless Scarab conversion, all mounts present and ready for Chebby motor, or the G-nose, fenderflared one), still considering trading for my turbo, and then of course would need a motor to drop in :D

Guest bastaad525

ouch... okay why so much? Honestly I don't remember anything about that motor other than it was painted red and that you've had it in your garage for ages. Is 1.5k just the motor or is there a trans too?

Motor and trans (TH350). Because the motor has very few miles on it since I did a complete rebuild on it (<5k). Everything is basically new (heads, valves, pistons, distributor, waterpump, bearings, intake etc etc etc). It is not worth it for me to take less....I would rather just keep it and find a car to put it in......

Guest bastaad525

ah... no for being rebuilt and with trans then that's definately a reasonable price. Another thing I can't for the life of me remember, that IS a carb'd 350 right? Isn't that the motor that was originally in the truck?