HybridZ

yeah yeah, been beat to death... RB head on L block....

Mack

I say build it FIRST then come and post about it. I guess I've seen too many of these RB head threads and never seen any follow thru... EVER.

yeah...i agree, but it's good to get other peoples' ideas about how to do things with the setup. I think the reason most people don't follow through is because it is pretty hard to find just a head with all the necessary components for a reasonable price.

I have wondered about the head off of the RB20ET it's not a twin cam so it might line up better and it's a crossflow so it should be a marked improvement.....

"How to modify your Nissan&Datsun OHC Engine" book says a crossflow 2-valve head will only give 4-6% more power than a non-crossflow 2-valve head. It's not much but if the head is really cheap as you said then why not the extra 4~6% of power?

you have to reroute the oil & coolant lines somehow. I know it's doable. Tons of people have taken merkur heads and put them on ford blocks (or the other way around, i can't remeber). As long as the head bolts line up, most of everything else can be modified... sorta. It's alot of work at anyrate. I'm changing a head gasket on a mercury sable this week, that's not fun as it is. I can't imagine a project like this. Expecially being the first to do it. Ouch.