HybridZ

R180's in 280Z after 8/76 [Circlips]

240Z_Master

Specific Question...

Did Nissan change the R180 design in 280Z's after 8/76. Basically if Nissan changed the R180's to circlups in the later 280Z's, could you take those clip in stubs and adapt them to the R180 out of the 200SX, then bolt the stock 240Z half shafts?

If not then I will have to find the 1st Gen Maximas and grab the CV + Companion Flanges.

The diff side stubs are basically interchangeable although the through-bolt type won't have a physical attachment to the diff. I've swapped back and forth at the race track when I've forgotten the proper spares. BTW... with the longer wheel travel involved, I wouldnt run the through-bolt stubs in a circlip R180 on a street car.

The diff side stubs are basically interchangeable although the through-bolt type won't have a physical attachment to the diff. I've swapped back and forth at the race track when I've forgotten the proper spares. BTW... with the longer wheel travel involved, I wouldnt run the through-bolt stubs in a circlip R180 on a street car.

Thanks for that John... helpful info. I went to the local Pick a Part and grabbed a set of 1st gen Maxima CV's and the entire lower control arm, maybe this will work with my "K" Box R180.