HybridZ

aux: 1 toyota dealership: 0

auxilary

read from bottom up:

Deborah,

I've already driven the car, and I was interested in making a purchase. However, the price you gave me was a "ballpark" figure that's basically the MSRP for a loaded model. What I emailed the dealership was a request for an actual quote.

You haven't provided me with an actual number for the request I've made (base model corolla XRS, with power windows, power locks, and 6 speed, no sunroof, no 6 cd changer options)

For example, the the competition I'm looking to buy is a Mazda3S. I sent the same quote request to several mazda dealerships, and I have an offer for 400 over invoice for a mazda3s with 2.3 liter, power everything and mp3 player option. The mazda has better finish, interior, similar same fuel economy, better warranty (4year/50k bumper to bumper), obviously better customer service than the toyota.

And based on the feedback I've been getting from Toyota dealers, I think I'd rather give my business to Mazda

Thanks,

-alex

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hi Alex the incentive is to drive that car. What

> is it that you were wanting?

> Best regards, Internet & Fleet

> Sales Manager

>

>

Not much of an incentive to drive for an hour :)

Thanks

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hi Alex it will sell at about 20.

> Best regards,Internet & Fleet

> Sales Manager

Tracy is about an hour away from me, so I'd like to see if you could give

me a quote on the XRS before I head out there.

Thanks,

-alex

>

> Hi Alex; I do have that car inbound

> when would you like to come in to see me

> Best regards,Internet & Fleet

> Sales Manager

update: she replied.

Hi Alex I can sell you the xrs for 400 over invoice that will be 19' date='194, all of these seem to have the moonroof.[/quote']

I may not know a lot about the XRS but one thing that i do know is that moonroofs are optional. Isn't the msrp on these right around $17K+?

Also my uncle just bought an 05 Camry LE out the door in Glendale Ca for $20K ....delivered.

I bought a "special" Toyota pickup last year and waited 6 months to get it. I had to talk to no less than SEVEN, yes seven dealers to get me what I wanted for the price I wanted. It seems Toyota thinks their cars are gold plated. I would get the Mazda.

b_sosick: nope, no deal. I ride it myself. Rode today, in fact!

chris: negative, goatrider. pattern is full. Toyota is overpriced because of the name. Nothing in their lineup leads me to believe that toyota beaters are better than mazda beaters.

My friend has an 83 626 we used to ride around in high school. it had 186k miles when it died. His family has a 90 mazda mpv van. 189k miles, burning a bit of oil, but still running. In fact, it's still daily driven.

rotaries don't count

190k is normal now adays it seems. My ford explorer is at that on the first block no problemns no rebuilds no anything, only clutches changed (because of my dad who roasts em at 3k going into the garage, he learded on a fiat 500 and is old can't blame him). My sister in law has an 80's accord at 380,000 miles on its 2nd block though. I think thats impresive :)

So ya alex just go for what you want to see yourself in for the next 10 years everything is so reliable, atleast for the two choices you posed.

My dads lexus had gone 7 years with no maintanance until they replaced the ball joints for free recently. (obviously there were oil changes and brake checks but those were free too i believe) so i would put the reliability bet on the toyota by a hair. But i would get the mazda because it seems nicer imho and its something new and more sporty. But on the flip side the 1zz power plant that the toyota has is pretty tried and true and has a big aftermarket if you ever want to soup it up.

Don't buy a Mazduh, or VolksFagon. Mazda is ford remember? More like an overpriced ford. Volkswagon has a keycode for almost every electronic part on the car, making them almost useless in a junkyard unless you need a fender. The E-PROM on them is "burn once" so you need a new one to program the computer correctly or you'll get that "you've voided the warrenty" message as soon as you plug it in at the dealer.

So I've been told. Good luck, I like the Mazda myself, too bad they suck.

Mixed feelings about Toyota. I bought a brand new Corolla Liftback in 1980 and it was absoultely a wonderful car. Good performance, great reliability, etc. It went in the shop once in 90,000 miles - the day before I sold it with a failed starter.

On the other hand, the salesmen are totally arrogant. Wife and I were looking at a Land Cruiser in 2000 and my wife started asking him if the Land Cruiser had several options that were on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. we were alos considering that was about $10,000 less. After the salesman had said, "No, it doesn't have that" about 6 or 7 time my wife finally asked why we should by the Land Cruiser over the Jeep which was much better equipped for a lot less. The answer - "It's a Toyota". With that we got out of the vehicle and left. Bought the Jeep a short while later.

Don't buy a Mazduh' date=' or VolksFagon. Mazda is ford remember? More like an overpriced ford. Volkswagon has a keycode for almost every electronic part on the car, making them almost useless in a junkyard unless you need a fender. The E-PROM on them is "burn once" so you need a new one to program the computer correctly or you'll get that "you've voided the warrenty" message as soon as you plug it in at the dealer.

So I've been told. Good luck, I like the Mazda myself, too bad they suck.[/quote']

No interest in a VW, because they're overglorified eurotrash cars that are too cramped on the interior. Try to sit in a back of a golf if you've over 5'10.

Mazda is 40% owned by Ford. The 3 is assembled in Japan. The next generation ford focus (or, current euro focus) is based on mazda3 platform. The motor is 2.3 same as 04 focus, but it has variable valve timing. Both motors are mazda motors