HybridZ

How to legaly deal with being ripped off?

tsumner

Update 1-15-03

I recieved a call from Mike Vondran this afternoon.The tranny is supposed to be going out fed ex ground today.I will let every one know when it arrives.

I want to thank everyone that responded with advice and words of support. Thanks,Tom

Me feel guilty??? Hell the check cleared, that's all I was worried about malebitchslap.gif !!

Seriously, I'm sorry that a member would do something like this. I know Mike claims to have had serious medical issues, and he may very well have. But we have a large contingent of members in the lone star state who would have been glad to help if only asked... You have to ask to receive help, and to this point he hasn't. nono.gif

Now what the hell are you gonna do with two T56 trannies???

:D

Mike

One down ,one to go.

Well,I picked up the tranny from the freight depot yesterday.It took 6 months to get here so it's arrival is a great relief.

Now what will I do with two t-56 trannys? Mike Kelly's tranny will go into the Z.The other will most likely go into the 75 chevy pickup I bought last spring.The truck has only 32,000 miles it's a 1/2 ton long bed with a 350 3speed (on the column).It was going to stay stiock but,,It revs kinda high on the freeway, and theres an old school LT1 350 in the garage,and it wouldent hurt to, and , and,and .Well you know how it goes. Later Tom

Guest Anonymous

Glad to see your problem worked out. Just as a sidenote,

I figured it would happen sooner later, I got ripped off myself, except it's small scale enough to justify not going through with it. I asked a guy selling a fuel pump to end his auction early for $50- I needed (still do) an electric pump for my carbs, and the thing had like 6 days. I should have just called MSA, but they always seem to take a week or two for even the smallest things. Summit didn't really have a cheap model I was looking for. So anyway, I sent the guy $50 via paypal (not this was outside of ebay, however the item still exists).. I was under the impression that I could reverse the payment within a week if any problems arose. Anyhow I asked him for a tracking number or just shipment verification period, and he was very sparse (said something like "sorry I left the tracking number at work will get it to you")... that was over 2 weeks ago. He's in Cali, it takes 3 days to ship here. Not to mention I only sent him $50 to cover the pump only, I never added any extra for shipping, which makes me think he never considered going through with it. I've tried emailing him, no response. I filed a fraud complaint at paypal.. says it could take up to a month, plus I don't like the idea that it wasn't actually through ebay.. rather outside of it. If it was paid on a credit card I'd just deny the claim.. but I doubt the integrity of paypal's generally beaucratic methods. I'll try emailing the guy again, he hasn't put the pump up for auction again or I'd REALLY be on his @$$. Of course this isn't a $1600 tranny overhaul, but being broke, unemployed, and in college, I could really use the $50! I don't think i'd go through all the legal processes, but I really hate the idea of some jackarse walking around with my $50 in his pocket. Any ideas?

-980mak rockon.gif