HybridZ

nissan dizzy black box z ditributor ?

twistex

you can run spark controll with the na dizzy if you want it's just that the n/a dist uses vacume advance and you have to lock the distributor down to prevent that,the signals and wiring is different from the turbo and most of us added megasquirt to a stock turbo motor which came with...you guessed it and turbo distributor ;)

well i guess i will run stock dizzy with mechanical advance .. i normally cap off the vacume advance and set timing to 10 - 12 idle and 30 to 36 full advance .. any suggestions .. also if i run durbo dist i can controll spark for say rev limit ? also can you controll timing advance with the turbo dist and megasquirt ? well i think the stock dizzy would be easier especially since i got on on motor .. man i can find turbo dist anyware!

you can run spark control with either distributor! I believe the whole purpose of the spark controll is to regulate the advance/retard, so you'd want to lockdown whatever advance you have (vacume/mechanical) if you want to keep your vacume advance on an N/A setup you just don't need to bother with the spark control, and you can have the rev control shut off fuel

If it is a non turbo application, just use the stock NA distributor and run fuel only. Get it up and running well in this configuration first. If you want to run spark control, you can always convert it later.

If it is a turbo application, I would use the 82-83 distributor with spark control.

Can't you use a EDIS and yank out everything out of the dizzy and mount all the EDIS stuff inside it?

Well I got a 82 zxt dizzy from ebay but the shaft was sold in a different auction with the oil pump. Does anyone have one that I can get?

Has anybody try to do a ITB setup on these engines and/or is it worth it?