HybridZ

Got my Scarab

dsommer

Beautiful Scarab,

I never thought i'd say this about a Z but "Leave it be". That is the ultimate. A Hybrid Z built in the '70s. Just Awesome!

Would it be against the code of Hybridz'er ethics to get those SCARAB emblums on my JTR car? Come on we need something cool that only the insiders know to show we have a dang SBC JTR car! Wow my gears are turning when I saw that beetle with the wings sooo coool! I certainly don't want the Bowtie' date=' I just don't like it, too recognizable, I have a sleeper here. The only thing I did was put "350z" liscence plate frames on it which would make absolutely no sence except to those I told that it means 350cid Z.

Sure would like some sort of Emblum, but not too gaudy, ntohing that says "bling" but not too plain either..[/quote']

BrandonsZ,

I thought of gettin' the 350Z emblems but mine's gonna be .030" overbore 350 so i thought about buying 4 emblems and mix and match to get "355Z" for the fender badging or hatch. Something different that would probably get some attention. Be cool to see a stuck up 350Z owner at the light do a double take at that emblem and wonder where he'd seen it before.

That 570Z emblem sounds cool also.

Gorgeous car, David! Very nice find. I'd hang onto that and NOT modify it if at all possible. Just my $.02 :mrgreen:

BTW, putting Scarab emblems on a 350 powered Z is not the same a Type R sticker on a Honda. It's more like putting SS stickers on a 71 Camaro when it is actually an RS. Kinda like making a clone, not rice.

Davy

Awsome find, very good looking clean ride and a true Scarab to boot. What were there like 200 built! I wonder how many exist today as alot had to be raced/abused etc.

Mike

Having converted Jim McNemar's Scarab to a JTR, I'll throw my hat in the ring on this one...

Unless you want to put this car on the track, or want the ultimate handling, And since this car is so rare and in such great shape, I'd leave it alone. Also, the Scarab springs were supposed to be about 15% stiffer than stock springs. The struts were also an upgrade at the time. I believe the should be Bilsteins and if not blown, are pretty nice units, designed specifically for the weight of the motor over the front axle.

David, Beware the TC boxes. They were cracked on Jim's car. The Scarabs suffer added stress on them, and you pretty much have to dig below the undercoating to find it. Also, Jim's trans tunnel and floorpans were TWISTED. Probably from repeated hard launches from stop lights from JIm, and from the two previous owners. We've got those same seats, taken from Jim's car and currently in my Son's civic.

Great car man! I take it the Cobra found a home?

Mike

David,

Car looks just like I remember it - absolutely beautiful. What a roll you're on.

Twins in the garage and twins on the way to ride around in them with mom & dad at events. I see the event even got you an 'honorable mention' in the new issue of Sport Z in the club area! Now you need to go for the full article once the family expansion arrives!!:)