HybridZ

deadly cars

Guest ProfessorRog

Same thing goes for Volvos and their safety record---only partly deserved. Aside from me, most drivers of the 240 series Volvos have been old men and women of all ages--not the kind of a 'high risk' person who buys a Mustang, Camaro, or Vette. I think it was the JTR book that says the Vette has the highest roll-over resistence of any production car made, yet has the highest roll-over rate. If that is true (and I have no real reason to doubt it) then it comes down to the putz driving the car, not the car itself. What are performance cars made for, grocery getting?? Get real.

Davy

Guest 240hybrid

Well when your wrapped in figerglass like much of the corvettes body is, what do you expect, even at low speeds. And havin a heavy foot in corners has probalbly shot those supposedly true statistics up too. I'd just like to add....wear a seat-belt when you DRIVE or RIDE twak.gif , especially in a sports car where the potential for an accident is raised due to high speed.

"It is a perfect definition of the Camaro, Corvette, Firebird and Mustang -- the deadliest cars of all time."

I guess we Z drivers are safe then. ;)

Actually, driving a car is one of the most dangerous activities a person can do. I beleive that car accidents are the leading cause of death in America. On a related note, did you know that 85% of statistics are made up on the spot just to prove a point?

Guest ProfessorRog

". . . .chlorine to the gene pool" lol, I havent heard that one before :D

Obviously it isn't the car that is deadly, its the screwball behind the wheel who doesn't know when to back down. I think the point they need to make is that power has a way of exponentially increasing the hazards of stupidity.

And I know for a fact i make up 67% of my statistics on the spot ;)

"People drive the Corvette differently than they would drive a Volvo, and it tends to be a different type of driver," says Daniel Pund, an associate editor for Car and Driver magazine. "There's nothing inherently unsafe about the Corvette."

Exactly!

The issue is behavior, not the vehicle.

Champion of Consumers Union agrees that “the person behind the wheel has a lot to do with the death rates."
Wow! Someone from CU seems to actually have a sense of reality!