HybridZ

R180 to R200

Nissan-Fan

I was going to tell you to search, then I did myself and didn't find a good answer. Here's the basics. If you get a R200 from a 280Z or 280ZX then the pinion flange is the correct one. You need the mustache bar and the front diff mount. Everything else will bolt up.

If you get a R200 from a Z31 you will need the pinion flange from a 280Z or 200SX and the side stub axles from a 280Z. It's plug and play when you have all the parts.

Is your 280 an automatic? If not it should already have an R200 in it. Also check the mustache bar bushings and halfshaft U-joints and the front diff mount/crappy *** strap setup as they can all cause clunking. Might not even be the diff at all.

Ahh, i see, so i have an R200. Yea, the clunk is pretty bad, let me ask one more question. The bar that goes across the driveshaft tunnel just before the diff, it has 4 bolts in it, 2 in each side, and in the middle of each bolt a bushing. Now, the ouside bolt of the drivers side is broken off, so there is nothing holding it down other then the next bolt over, could this be the source of the clunking? because other than a SLIGHTLY loose Ujoint in the passenger side half shaft, i cant thing of anything else.....all the mounts and bushings looks pretty good, not worn down enough to be causing a problem of this severity.