HybridZ

Throttle cable conversion

74Adam

• 5 months later...

its all about a 300ZX throttle cable.

have spork cut a small hole in the flange where the throttle body fits, then weld on an attachemnt to the accelerator pedal, and boom...throttle cable.

if i knew how to post pics of my engine, i would show you, but my setup works perfectly.

120048785.jpg

there...notice the cable on the right side of the flange! and it fits perfectly!

You can fit a throttle cable direct to an unmodified throttle pedal' date=' all you have to do is unscrew the threaded short section from the bulkhead rod drill and tap 2 holes in it so you can secure the inner cable with some small Allen screws, then just make up a bulkhead blanking plate for the cable to pass through, this way you have the original ball and socket fitting onto the pedal

[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/zbloke/Datsun%20240Z/bulkhead.jpg[/img]

Tim

ok I get that your car is RHD but your clutch pedal is between your gas adn brake!? the RDH cars I've seen had the same pedal layout as LHD

Here's a pic of mine to my TPI motor. The bracket is a modified corner bracket available at any hardware store. The Locar piece has a set screw. Cut the cable to length, thread it into the Locar end and tighten the set screw. The cable sheath fits nicely into a bicycle brake cable cup and has it's own adjuster.

11DJ_R2_.jpg

fbs01r16f17.jpg

You could weld some tabs on the side of your intake manifold, or make a bracket that uses the existing bosses.

Its a straight shot to the gas pedal and you can bolt the 240sx manifold straight to the TB. You can drill out the stock ball joint on the pedal and it leaves a perfect hole to mount the clevis to that comes with the throttle cable.

Anyway, if you want more pictures of my setup lemme know I can try and snap a couple.

3_inch_downpipe_017_Medium.sized.jpg