HybridZ

removed smog stuff, plugging holes

I just removed the smog pump and related hoses/pipes/tubes etc... and i was thinking i can plug the hole in the engine block where that pipe was with a freeze plug. will any problems arise from this? does anybody know the size freeze plug i'd need off-hand? if the freeze plug doesn't work, what are my options?

Are there any smog things i need to keep?

what do i do with the elbow on the valve cover? a breather?

The pipe off the side of the block is the PCV. Don't block it off. On the valve cover and the PCV pipe they'll be better off attached to the intake. If you don't want to attach them to the intake then the PCV should at the very least go to a catch can. You can put a breather on the valve cover one if you don't want to route it to the intake.

There is large hose that you take off of the exhaust manifold for the smog rail. I found recently that if you go the hardware store they'll actually have a plug that fits right in that hole.

How do i go about setting up an oil catch can? Also, I saw a picture of someone just running a filter off of the pipe on the block too, how does that work?

*edit* plugging up all the holes on the balance tube is ok right?

lemme see if i got this right, breather on valve cover, holes on balance tube plugged, and oil-catch-can [or filter] on pipe on block...

Keep the hose that comes off the pipe. Get a catch can. Install it right behind the radiator core support. Twist the hose around so that it attaches to the catch can. Your catch can can be a polished aluminum one from Jegs or Summit, or it could be an old plastic quart bottle for oil. Only requirement is that you have to attach the hose to it and the can has to hold whatever oil comes out but still vent. Nice cans come with a little filter on top and if you do the oil bottle just cut a hole in the top.